Knives and Cameras ....

As my gear minimizes, it's going to be difficult to find anything different to post.

Week 40 Stuff. X-H1 + 90/2, black Alox Cadet and Case Tear Drop Sawcut Amber Bone.
original.jpg

There used to be a time when I modified lenses and cameras for fun ....

i-VP4vB2J-X3.jpg

It can be fun, right? :cool:

I used to adapt modern and old m-mount glass to my Fuji mirrorless, until my eyes stopped playing well with the manual focus process. Just can't comfortably do it any more. Shame, as some of the lenses were a joy to use.

Can't remember if I've asked - who's the maker on the fixed-blade?

It can be fun, right? :cool:

I used to adapt modern and old m-mount glass to my Fuji mirrorless, until my eyes stopped playing well with the manual focus process. Just can't comfortably do it any more. Shame, as some of the lenses were a joy to use.

Can't remember if I've asked - who's the maker on the fixed-blade?

Very much fun. The Pentax 50mm up there is even rangefinder coupled :) So much easier to work on knives than on lenses :)

It's another Cheburkov ("Shark"). I figured the ZT (most popular ZT in Russia) would be a great fit.

Putting the answer to a question that was asked in the traditional forum, wrt the Pentax lens in post #144 above here, so the mods don't complain:

Off topic but that camera/lens combo is very unique, nice lens also, I used to use one on my Sony A7r but I went back to the Super Takumer version, this multi coating nonsense is far too modern for me. :D I assume you have to use distance focusing?

Great question and good eye. There used to be a time when I was working on lenses and cameras .... I love the Pentax 50mm. Managed to RF couple it, too - turns out the lens has just the right focal length for Leica's RF coupling.

P1010055.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010063.jpg

And here the lens in action on daughter #1:

r1-Scan-131110-0021.jpg

This lens is a unicorn :)

Roland.

Putting the answer to a question that was asked in the traditional forum, wrt the Pentax lens in post #144 above here, so the mods don't complain:

Great question and good eye. There used to be a time when I was working on lenses and cameras .... I love the Pentax 50mm. Managed to RF couple it, too - turns out the lens has just the right focal length for Leica's RF coupling.

P1010055.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010063.jpg

And here the lens in action on daughter #1:

r1-Scan-131110-0021.jpg

This lens is a unicorn :)

Roland.
That is really impressive!

Here is a quick snap of my well used and loved 50mm Pentax Tak Super on my A7r4. I'm not sure you could find a more incongruous combination (the camera is usually used with super high end optics) but I've loved the lens since I started using in a decade ago on digital SLR's. I use is primarily wide open for its dreamy effect. It has a really wonderful drawing style as you know.

DSC00285.jpg

rain.jpg

That is really impressive!

Here is a quick snap of my well used and loved 50mm Pentax Tak Super on my A7r4. I'm not sure you could find a more incongruous combination (the camera is usually used with super high end optics) but I've loved the lens since I started using in a decade ago on digital SLR's. I use is primarily wide open for its dreamy effect. It has a really wonderful drawing style as you know.

DSC00285.jpg

rain.jpg
Which adapter do you use to mount Super Takumar on 7R4 ?

Bump to an old thread.

My dad's old film camera and photos of two of my favorite knives taken with it:

i-T3gSGhQ-X2.jpg

i-ZnrqtMP-X2.jpg

i-NFJBxWb-X2.jpg

Nice! That SL looks to be in great condition - does it still work and get some use now and again?

I need to update gear shots, it's all changed.

Quick and dirty (literally) shots of my main jams. Also have a Zfc, but haven't been able to gel with that camera so it's likely going away soon. The Pentax stuff just fit my hands and fingers almost perfectly, never should have sold it off to dive down to one brand.

Pentax K-3mkIII Monochrome and 21/3.2 Ltd with a Buck 2023 LE 532.
original.jpg

Pentax K-3mkIII and 16-85 with Bose/ Case collab Eureka Jack and locking Lanny's Clip.
original.jpg

Back