Knives and Drinks!

Well..I think I’m done with peaty scotch, just not my thing.
This tasted like gasoline was filtered through charcoal made from burning a diaper worn by a goat that had been eating a steady diet of spearmint leaves and old tires.
Entering the world of scotch whisky by the peaty end is not exactly the way to go, IMO, and as evidenced by your experience. You should, if I may, start with the mellow ones, like GlenMorangie, generally Speyside or Irish. Over time, your taste will refine and perhaps require something with more bite. Or a bit of peat smoke...

Entering the world of scotch whisky by the peaty end is not exactly the way to go, IMO, and as evidenced by your experience. You should, if I may, start with the mellow ones, like GlenMorangie, generally Speyside or Irish. Over time, your taste will refine and perhaps require something with more bite. Or a bit of peat smoke...
I’ve done Dewars, The Glenfiddich and some other mainstream ones I liked but they seemed a little to “easy” so I’m trying something different.
I’ve been drinking Balvenie and Spey River both of which I really like.

You could be pleased by the Irish whiskeys which are notoriously mellow. It doesn't need to be expensive : Jameson, Paddy, Tullamore Dew are quite drinkable. In The Scotch department I have found the basic Ballantine's to be really drinkable. They have an oak cask version which is a bit more tastier. Enjoy !

EJZ9UBk.jpg

Back