Photos Knives & Finely Embellished Shotguns

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello all!!

I know there is a knives and guns thread,
But i was hoping this would also be ok. Post your photos of double barrels with beautiful knives, heck, Im even ok with a nice engraved rifle or semi and knife in this thread.
I made this thread to find out who else appreciates beautiful wood, stunning engraving and exceptional knives.
I’ll start it off. ENJOY!

44D7659C-6DBE-49A2-8313-F7701B7A017A.jpeg
A.V. Maroccini Custom O/U 26” barrels. Right hand palm swell.
Le Thiers par Fontenille Pataud Nature with engraving by F. Krill, France

Last edited:
Why only over-unders? Very nice bulino and deep acanthus scroll by the way.

I dont want to step on the knives and guns thread’s toes. I have a love for O/U’s. Im also ok with SxS. If that helps. :D So basically really nice shotguns...maybe I will have to edit the title. Hmmmm.

Edit: Edited title, now O/U, SxS, semi, and pump (if you must). Haha.

I've posted this here a few times before. It's Number 1 of a matched pair made by TR White Gunmakers, Staffordshire UK.

What is that O/U you posted? The cross bolt looks familiar.

X0ayvjfh.jpg

I've posted this here a few times before. It's Number 1 of a matched pair made by TR White Gunmakers, Staffordshire UK.

X0ayvjfh.jpg

Now thats what I’m talking about!! :D
Just beautiful! Even exquisite!

Geoff Moore engraved it. He has done a lot of work for Purdey. Tony White has made a lot of guns for Holland & Holland, among others. I spent a couple years to find the craftsmen for value and workmanship and leave the Big Four to the hedge fund guys.

BTW, I sold my last O/U years ago. Bore redundancies led me to it, although every once in a while I get a desire for a Beretta Silver Pigeon IV in 28 ga.

Last edited:
In a past life I used to bird hunt a lot and for upland hunting I preferred side by sides since I was a kid shooting an old Fox 20 gauge

Over the years I collected many

The gun pictured above I had made to actually shoot sporting clays with

It’s made by Poli

It’s got 30 inch barrels and Briley Ti chokes in it

I used to shoot a lot of sporting clays and even though I have a strong love of side by sides my best scores were always with a built out CG over and under

I own only 1 fine upland hunting shotgun...a late 20's LC Smith side by side
in 12ga. It is wonderful but alas...field grade!
As a boy I saw a beautiful shotgun on my dads friends mantle. I remarked at how
fine it was and he let me handle and even dry fire it. It was not a shotgun.
It was a Holland and Holland 600 Nitro express double rifle and it was HEAVY.
The engraving on it reminds me of some of the the shotguns posted here.
It was exquisite...and old...and perfect. It was pristine. By far, the most expensive gun
I have ever handled.

In a past life I used to bird hunt a lot and for upland hunting I preferred side by sides since I was a kid shooting an old Fox 20 gauge

I love upland hunting as well, but my true passion is waterfowl. Don’t let me get started on those photos!! Lol. My wife says “Our house looks like a museum.” Lol. “No more birds.”
I say “Rack ‘em, whack ‘em and stack ‘em!” Pick the best birds and send them off to the taxidermists! Haha.

Wow, great thread. I've always wanted a double barrel, but just never got there. May still happen sometime, but finely engraved is probably no longer in my cards. Hate it when income tumbles back thirty years. :( But for now, I'll just enjoy drooling over the pics in this thread. Keep em coming.

Back