Knives, Knives, Knives!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I'm making them! Look out :eek:

I'm preparing to etch my signature on this kitchen knife.

I have a new signature mark! It is almost the same same as my medium sized original mark but cleaned up a bit for a better etch.

Check the hollow back grind or "urasuki." (not the tang but it is ground too... also tapered)

Pocket knife :D

I have been doing lots of hand sanding, it's almost time for glue-up. Here is a Nakiri or general purpose kitchen utility, this one has a chisel grind with a flat back side.

The Camp Knives and another Nakiri are in the background.

I'm etching lots of knives today, here's a group of Pocket Fighters in CPM 154 steel.

Chef's knife... lint not included! (it is oiled up)

Wow Daniel! You continue to rock hard brother!!

Any 3V Fighters in the mix yet? >_____>

Dude, I should send you a pattern for my Old Hickory french chef knife, it would be awesome to have a modern, nice version of it without the tank tread pattern in it. It really is an awesome knife, a full tang and the DFK touch I think would do it justice, especially since it has ben discontinud for so many years! I would love a 9" version of it done by DFK.

-Xander

Dude, I should send you a pattern for my Old Hickory french chef knife, it would be awesome to have a modern, nice version of it without the tank tread pattern in it. It really is an awesome knife, a full tang and the DFK touch I think would do it justice, especially since it has ben discontinud for so many years! I would love a 9" version of it done by DFK.

-Xander

I have to check it out! I searched for one but am not sure exactly which design it is.

My Dad bought and wore out an old Hickory Butcher Knife every year for a long time, they are awesome.

Ooohh...I like those pocket fighters in CPM154 !! ;)

Thanks! I'm hoping to add them to the mix, I'm making a pattern of each design for the next round.

The pocket fighters are looking pretty nice! Will they be cord wrapped or will you use Micarta/G10?

Daniel, you were not kidding when you said you were stepping up you finish work! They all look great!

The pocket fighters are looking pretty nice! Will they be cord wrapped or will you use Micarta/G10?

Thanks!

I'm using double black canvas micarta on these. I'm considering doing a big run of them later this year. If I do I'll offer both wraps and g10/micarta.

Daniel, you were not kidding when you said you were stepping up you finish work! They all look great!

Thanks, I really appreciate hearing that!

I'm not even messing with anything that isn't at a high level of fit and finish...

Chef's knife... lint not included! (it is oiled up)
. . . . there are rare moments in a man's life when he realizes just how much he loves his wife . . . .
(Above picture of custom made knives, $1000-$1500 +/- ) and the quote of the day from Sally T. . . . .
"Billy, isn't that the same type of box you have all your crankbaits in ??? " . . . . . . and not one words about the knives . . . . . :D :D :thumbup:
You gotta love her . . . . .
Be safe.
p.s.: Daniel, just so you know, I DID notice the knives . . . . . ;)

Back