Photos Knives & Magic cards

Inspired by K.O.D. K.O.D. in the EDC knife thread, I like to start a thread with Magic cards.

I started playing in 1996 as a 14 year old with not much money. In retrospective I should have bought everything I saw considering how the prices have gone through the rough for old cards. It is what it is.

I prefer to play older formats like legacy and old school due to pure nostalgia. I have very fond memories of playing back in the days.

Here is a picture to start it:

d3d928958-e1d74dc3-01d2-4de5-8c18-d.jpeg

I hope there are others who like to show off cards and knives of course. Everything is appreciated, old and new. I am a sucker for old black bordered. But you can‘t have it all…

Last edited:
Well I'm leaving work early in about 20 minutes, I'll bust some old and newer ones out. I have one thats worth over $100 currently, a foil "Sensei's divining top"

Hmmmm.......magic cards are something I never got into at all. I guess I was too busy with the ladies. :)

In hindsight, I should have gotten into magic cards. 🤣 🤣 🤣
I was the nerdy guy. Metal, Magic and computers.

Wait. That is still me, lol. And I freaking love it. Just added knives, watches and edc gear because I can afford it now compared to back in the days.

I was the nerdy guy. Metal, Magic and computers.

Wait. That is still me, lol. And I freaking love it. Just added knives, watches and edc gear because I can afford it now compared to back in the days.
I have always been someone that bounced from one thing to another. So I have/have had collection of many things. Unfortunately, my ex wife donated many of these, many unbeknownst to me, some knownst.

Collections lost:

Star Wars Legos (have since started over)
Hand painted lead revolutionary war soldiers. My grandfather gave me one every Christmas and birthday. Had about 30 of them, including George Washington on his horse, Patrick Henry, Daniel Boone, french General Comte de Rochambeau, bunch of brits. Devastated when I found them missing when I got divorced.

Transformers
G.I. Joe
1:18 scale model cars (still have about 20, had 60+)

Still have:

Cologne (I stopped 4 years ago)

Knives, though the took a hit in 2016 to pay bills while married, sold off 2/3 of my collection

Magic cards

Guns

Hot Wheels

Mail order brides (all still in the shipping container at the docks)

A friend of mine growing up used to play Magic with his 2 brothers when I was a kid. I always thought the cards looked really cool and always kind of wanted to learn how to play but it never happened. I still never did learn how to play but still feel nostalgia when I see the cards because of this.

Anyone have an alpha black lotus they wanna give me? Saw one on the bay going for a cool $1.2 million.

The prices have sky-rocketed. It is just insane.

As a kid I told myself, that I will buy all the cards I wanted when I am older and earn enough money. How stupid I was. 😢
I should have bought them back then.
I got my foil sensei's divining top in a pack in 2017 i believe. 5 years later it's worth $125 or so. Fixing to sell it soon.

I'll post a pic with some cards in a little while.

I was curious to see what you meant by Magic cards.

I appreciate reading Magic the Gathering cards in German.
It just looks so much angrier and more intense.
"MASTER OF TRICKERY AND MISDIRECTION!"

I was curious to see what you meant by Magic cards.

I appreciate reading Magic the Gathering cards in German.
It just looks so much angrier and more intense.
"MASTER OF TRICKERY AND MISDIRECTION!"
When I started playing, the third edition in german and black bordered was released. So I have a deep connection to this edition. And frankly, the cards look fantastic! Bright and vibrant colors, not the washed out look of revised edtion.

You will see a lot from that edition in the next time. 😊

I'm twenty years late to this thread....I quit after Ice Age and lost my deck at a house party in college some time.
My affair with Magic ended in the 6th grade to a host of reasons, mostly dwindling popularity in my friend circles, though I still feel a strong urge to pick it up from time to time... but everything's different- I'm not playing on the school yard with my buddies at recess, and even the modern cards to this 36 year old just doesn't have the same interesting vibe that it once did to an 11 year old.

My affair with Magic ended in the 6th grade to a host of reasons, mostly dwindling popularity in my friend circles, though I still feel a strong urge to pick it up from time to time... but everything's different- I'm not playing on the school yard with my buddies at recess, and even the modern cards to this 36 year old just doesn't have the same interesting vibe that it once did to an 11 year old.
I peeked at it a few years ago. The new expansions, rules, add-ons, creature castes, etc. are bewildering, and only detract from the fun, half-imagined/half-played game I remember. Getting old!

Back