Photos Knives & Magic cards

Glad I found this thread! Took a quick look for the first time in years and I think I found a free Hinderer sitting there. Maybe there’ll be a Shiro or two once I actually see what I have.

You've probably got fifty bucks in an original Urza's Miter alone.
If my memory serves, those dragons aren't original Legends, they're part of a reprinted set of a mishmash of Legends, Arabian Nights, Dark, and Antiquities that came out between 4th and 5th Edition. Now that's not saying they're not worth a mint now, but in my day - very, very, long ago - I wouldn't have banked too much on them.

Ahh gotcha. I do have some older looking cards in there. I’ll have to look them up later.

Edit- I’ve gone through a few of my decks and I think I’m up to a Benchmade now. Mainly Mana Vault’s, Strip Mine’s, Royal Assasin’s, things like that.

Last edited:
In school ,every lunch we played magic, fond memories , sold off all my cards and play deck , :(

i got some Pokemon cards but they aren't as cool as MTG

I actually just bought a couple new MTG decks last week. I used to play it in middle school in the 90s and my middle school aged son and his friends have just gotten into it. So I bought them to play with him. The game has gotten way more complicated thou. I miss how simple it was in my day.

My old cards are 3rd gen and aren’t worth the hundreds of dollars that the alpha and beta cards are.

One of my favorite cards I've affectionately named Bob. Beast of Burden. Power and toughness equal to number of creatures on the battlefield. It's murder against token decks, especially if you give it trample. At a 6 cmc it's devastating, and I have it in several decks. Plus it's fun to say "I'll tap 6 and play Bob." People look at me like "WTF?"

Another of my favorites is Uncle Istvan. I played against some like 19 year olds at my game shop and they were shocked. They had seen it on reddit, didn't think it was real. I'll pull out my decks and take pics of both.

You've probably got fifty bucks in an original Urza's Miter alone.
If my memory serves, those dragons aren't original Legends, they're part of a reprinted set of a mishmash of Legends, Arabian Nights, Dark, and Antiquities that came out between 4th and 5th Edition. Now that's not saying they're not worth a mint now, but in my day - very, very, long ago - I wouldn't have banked too much on them.
You are right. The set is called "Chronicles".

Found some stuff at my parents’ house this weekend. I think my brother has probably pulled out anything if value.
View attachment 1886054View attachment 1886055
K.O.D. is right. The set was not great, BUT the cards are still interesting and cool. You will not make money on them, what all of this is not about. This thread is about appreciating Magic and a lot of sentimentality.

Time to feed the thread with a new picture. Artifacts and how they are supposed to be framed.

445976760-6870bf15-54dc-4991-a90e-5.jpeg

You reminded me. A friend gifted me a fat pack where you have to use the included snow lands with the monsters. Never built a deck with that, but there were one or two powerful cards in there. Will have to break that out and try to construct one.

I wish this thread would have been around 2 years ago.

once I found out I was having more children I had to ditch this awesome awesome distraction.

I had a bunch of cool stuff.

oh well. I'll live vicariously.

Back