Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

Wheres the lock bar on that last one?
I'm Assuming the picture is poorly photographed and the item you receive looks even worse?

Where is BUCK, INC. in all this? I think 3-4% of BUCK knives on eBay are now counterfit. Ultimately it's their responsibiity but the company seems pretty quiet on the issue. I wonder what BUCK Inc. is doing that we don't know about. I would love to hear someone from the company speak on the issue. I only collect BUCK so that's my knowledge base. Do other knife brands have the same counterfit problem on eBay?
I know cold steel does,big time! Some are very good to the point where one needs a magnifying glass to analyze the blade stamp.the handle materials are often the same but the blade steel is not. I learned this the hard way. Fakes of Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw,SOG,CRKT, hell I think at this point every brand is being counterfeited, market is flooded with them. Wait till you see a Chinese fake of a Chinese Kershaw now that's funny!

8 years old? Sorry I didn't think to check post date. Good to know Buck has had success in fighting fakes! I thought that there wasn't as many Buck fakes around as there was,although fake 110 automatic "conversions"are still found. Thanks for the info on reporting fakes to Buck.

8 years old? Sorry I didn't think to check post date. Good to know Buck has had success in fighting fakes! I thought that there wasn't as many Buck fakes around as there was, although fake 110 automatic "conversions" are still found. Thanks for the info on reporting fakes to Buck.
I don't think I would call a 110 auto that was customized, converted/modified aftermarket to be an automatic a fake. Unless the knife was not made by Buck.

Saw my first fake Buck Knives yesterday at the peach festival at a local farm. Lots of food trucks and vendor trucks set up, old Marine selling mostly China-made knives. He had a stack of Buck Vanguard fixed blades for $45.00 each. Only had the work BUCK etched at the top of the blade in an unusual and large block type style. These were the rubber handle version with an aluminum pommel. OH

Saw my first fake Buck Knives yesterday at the peach festival at a local farm. Lots of food trucks and vendor trucks set up, old Marine selling mostly China-made knives. He had a stack of Buck Vanguard fixed blades for $45.00 each. Only had the work BUCK etched at the top of the blade in an unusual and large block type style. These were the rubber handle version with an aluminum pommel. OH
I've seen and reported a bunch of those on the 'Bay recently. No action has been taken that I can see.

eBay has been doing nothing about fakes lately that I can tell. I have reported "buck" knives in the past and just recently reported some phoney CRKs... all still online. Bad enough with the blocky BUCK but the CRKs I've reported have a pretty well done logo. Shameless.

I lucky im guess that I have yet to see a fake Buck in person, because theres a chance I could get duped.
I only really see Bucks in the hands of people I have gifted them to in the display at Walmart or in the local hardware store display anyways.

I did see some Bucks at the big swap meet a while back, but the guy had loads of Case knives and the Bucks were genuine but overpriced.

I see many fake 112 auto's on Ebay .What really bothered me recently was a seller after I told him it was a fake said he had talked/sent pictures directly to Buck and CONFIRMED it was real. A outright bald faced lie as my grandma's used to say! He was asking $250.00 too. I feel bad for the folks who overpay and get ripped off so badly. And since the box shieth and probably paperwork are so close it WILL fool the avarage buyer..

The sad part is that there’s a lot of good information to find the truth but many people don’t check or know where to check.

When I first saw the auto conversion models I was leary of them and did a lot of research. Some were legit but some were fakes that were converted and the poor pictures didn’t reveal the difference. So I steered clear of them.

I learned a long time ago that there were people who would take advantage of the less informed and that’s when I would question the authenticity of items up for sale outside of authorized dealers of any items.

eBay, the largest market for counterfeit goods in the World.
Idk what Ebay could do about fakes. All they have is their policy. Proving its a fake is hard. Ive been messaged a couple times that the ebay listing i had was a fake Buck. Evem though the knives were purchased directly from Buck.

So called experts are probably turning in knives they havent seen before so they assume they are fakes. I guess doing a bit of homework would help.

What is the policy?​

• Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Examples include:
    • Fakes, copies, or replicas of brand name items (for example, a shoe with the Nike name or logo that wasn't made by Nike)
    • Electronics or accessories that use or bear the brand name, logo, or trademark of a company that didn't manufacture the item
    • Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows
    • Unauthorized or pirated copies of movies, videos, or software
  • Listings with photos that hide or blur trademarks are not allowed
  • If you're not certain that your item is authentic, or if an authenticator has been unable to confirm its authenticity, it may not be listed
  • We may remove listings if we receive buyer complaints that the item is not authentic. These items may not be relisted

Back