Koa Hunter

The new owner will be thrilled to use this on their hard earned game. Everything about this knife is pleasing to the eye

Nice stuff ! !
My first contact with Koa was talking to a bunch of big users in Hawaii where Koa is native to. My question was 'what is Koa ' The answers were strange . ' Well Koa is
Koa '?? What kind of answer was that ??
So off to the books . Koa is a member or the large Acacia family which gives us a good number of fine hardwoods . They are found in North America, Africa , etc and of course Hawaii. The best Koa grain goes to fancy furniture and musical instruments . I thought they would know that ! :rolleyes:

Very nice all around John - looks like you took some time off from blowing up pumpkins to finish the knife. :D

Nice stuff ! !
My first contact with Koa was talking to a bunch of big users in Hawaii where Koa is native to. My question was 'what is Koa ' The answers were strange . ' Well Koa is
Koa '?? What kind of answer was that ??
So off to the books . Koa is a member or the large Acacia family which gives us a good number of fine hardwoods . They are found in North America, Africa , etc and of course Hawaii. The best Koa grain goes to fancy furniture and musical instruments . I thought they would know that ! :rolleyes:

Koa is da kine, mete. Everyone knows that.:D

Very pretty knife! Beautiful fittings as always!

Beautiful, as always! I love the warmness of the bronze and koa. I also like how you coined and rounded the spacers matches the rounded spine and file work/jimping.

I've been meaning the ask this for a while, I hope you don't mind my asking here, but would you mind saying wher you source your bronze from? I really want to get my hands on some, it definitely is some purty stuff :)

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Beautiful, as always! I love the warmness of the bronze and koa. I also like how you coined and rounded the spacers matches the rounded spine and file work/jimping.

I've been meaning the ask this for a while, I hope you don't mind my asking here, but would you mind saying wher you source your bronze from? I really want to get my hands on some, it definitely is some purty stuff :)

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Hi Paul. Thanks for the post. I got this bronze several years ago from a place in Texas called McMurray Metals.

Back