KPB 98 Coming Wednesday August 22, 2018

Jerry Busse

KPB 98 (Kris P Bacon with a 9.8" Blade)

The KPB 98 takes the historical design of the Kris to a whole new level of performance! The gentle, multiple recurves continuously draw whatever is being cut into the edge and increases the actual length of the cutting edge beyond what would it would be if it possessed a standard straight geometry. The weakest part of the Kris design has always been the strength of the tip. This is no longer the case with the armor piercing reinforced convex geometry of the KPB 98. The balance is excellent, making this large blade feel light and fast. :thumbsup::cool:

Let's Drink!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

KPB 98 Specs:
Overall Length: Approx. 15"
Blade At Widest Point: Approx. 1.9"
Blade Thickness: Approx. .210"
Steel: INFI
Hardness: 58-60 Rc

Bevel: Deep Dish Hollow with Convex Armored Tip
Finish: Coated or Competition Finish

Base Price:
$487.00 Coated
$547.00 Competition Finish

Nuclear Option:
For the first and fastest HOGs to the trough you can get the G-10 upgrade of your choice at NO additional charge!!! You could save up to $55.00 on each knife ordered! This is a VERY limited offer and will end once a predetermined number of KPB 98s have been sold!!!! They will then be offered at their regular price!!!!

Blade Coating Options:
Black
Muddy Brown
Hammered Silver
Desert Sage
Forest Green
Midnight Blue
Desert Bronze

Handle Options:
Black Canvas (Included)
Tan Canvas (Included)
Green Canvas (Included)
Maroon Canvas (Included)
Black G-10 +$40.00
Tan/Black G-10 +$55.00
Red/Black G-10 +$55.00
Blue/Black G-10 +$55.00
Green/Black G-10 +$55.00
Orange/Black G-10 +$55.00

KPB Competition Finish
KPB%20black%20Horizontal%204.jpg

KPB 98 Coated
Black%20Blade%20Low%20Res.jpg

I’m guessing this knife is strictly for show? It’s cool but I can’t really justify any practical purposes. Even my gladius and butaniku I can talk about the zombie apocalypse...

It would make a good pig sticker. You could use it to put down injured animals e.g. during hunting if the bullet didn't kill it outright. Normally I put animals down by hitting them on the head with an axe but you're not going to carry around a full size axe if you're away from your vehicle. At 10" and .2 thick it would make a good brush knife - cutting vines and shrubs in thick scrub for trail clearing when hunting. You might get laughed at by other hunters for having an overly fancy knife but they would secretly be jealous.

If I remember right, Kris's were used as sacrificial daggers. I don't know about this one, I wouldn't want to make my FMV8 jealous lol. I am still trying to grasp the symmetry of the blade.

Cool! I need a new ceremonial dagger for sacrificing goats to the dark lord! :3

Back