KPB 98 Coming Wednesday August 22, 2018

The KPB 98 is a vicious fighter and perhaps the greatest hog sticker of all time!!!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Let's Drink!!! :cool:

Jerry :D

....Why does it look...layered?
Doc, are you referring to the mini-CBT grooves? They can add a layered looking effect...
boKRPzS.jpg

mini-CBT on BURP:
cZhoQqw.jpg

Actually that's an interesting idea. Can CNC grooves perform the same function (on a smaller scale) as CBTs? If they do it would make sense to not grind them off during finishing as they would have a practical value.

Actually that's an interesting idea. Can CNC grooves perform the same function (on a smaller scale) as CBTs? If they do it would make sense to not grind them off during finishing as they would have a practical value.
I'd say it couldn't hurt...but I just like the way they look. Some may argue they serve no purpose and possibly harbor rust or other nasty stuff...I don't care...I like em! :)

Doc, are you referring to the mini-CBT grooves? They can add a layered looking effect...
boKRPzS.jpg

Yep - and that's kinda what I thought, but it does look markedly finer here than the CBT stuff I've seen before. The effect is really in keeping with the kriss idea, looks a bit like the damascus-like pattern of a traditional forged kriss blade.

Looks cool, but not really my wheelhouse.

Take pics for us when you guys get em

Hmmm . . . I think you're safe for a while. . . .

Let's Drink!!!:cool:

Jerry:D

I dont know how I feel about the whole folder idea.. before you all light your torches an grab your pitch forks hear me out.. Im sure it would be bad ass..but busse has built their name around claims that their blades have proven to near perfection.. a folder would face living up to that weather it wanted to or not, no matter how much Jerry explains that a mechanical hinge can NEVER have the strength of one continuous length of steel.
We did somthing similar in our business once an wont do it again.. this is just my opinion but I think it runs the risk of a damaging your track record when you go outside your proven recipe..

I've heard rumors of things about things that can do things.

This thread is about the Kris P bacon though. I have a Kris folder. However I don't have a Kris fixed blade. Maybe I can change that soon.

I am going to have to pass, I got the lecture when that beautiful FMV8 showed up at the door. I dread what would happen if a dagger for sacrificing goats or something showed up lol.

Back