Lanyards on a Becker? Yay or nay?

Hell yay! Most of my knives have lanyards. Great retention with the proper amount of cordage. I use a simple wrist loop.

mostly for me it just looks cool.... if something heavy and sharpened that I'm swinging flies out of my hand I dont want it flopping and twirling around in the vicinity of my body.

I want that sucker GONE... like WAYYYYYY over there gone. I can sharpen out the roll or damage. new pants and stitches is a harder battle.

For the guys that WANT the knife flying away from them if they lose control…what happens when it hits something hard enough to either break or RETURN?!?

Lanyards work if used properly and they make it safer.

Check out the guys in Forged in Fire, they use them often for safety.

I say yea !

The older you get the more your joints ache. At least mine sure do. So anything that helps keep a razor sharp piece of steel from flying out of your hand is a win - win in my book.

Nope for me.
Lanyards are for if you are on a tall building/scaffolding/tree...... and you Shouldn't be swinging a Large blade then.

Man this thread needs more pics!
I have a love/hate relationship with lanyards on knives.
On this moment my BK7 has one as short ad possible, that just fits my hand to prevent it from getting in the way. Has my first attempt on a fancy knot too :D

CMzLbTtQRxXvbKa_1GpFrdGhGgmG77fRI5ydaRr25T3tPR_T61UwvbzhrxTmLG14RP96fVCJMNQm11hYjvsAT41DsPnGvGo3H7jL5bqh-qlKc0sena5iHEuoBddQWQOsnubSYUwHAiw=w800

Not a big lanyard fan here.

Back