Recommendation? Large Sebenza or Inkosi?

Basically the 21 Large changed the way I look at other brands of folders. Its simplicity in design and engineering tolenrances that appeals to me. I also have the Umnumzaan which I purchase 1st, but the 21 getting the majority of edc time. I have tried an inkosi in the hands but I felt the finger grove limits where we place the fingers on the handle. So for me the 21 is 'just nice' in my hands.

Congrats on getting your first CRK.

edfc1KW.jpg

Thanks! I'm pretty stoked if I do say so! I put 50% down on it Saturday morning. I chose to support my local knife shop by purchasing it from them, as opposed to buying online. That'll allow me to go there after work and fondle it while it sits in layaway until December 14th.

9147XAD.jpg

I'm a long time firearm collector and very familiar with the philosophy of buy once-cry once. It's true. I never let price deter me from buying a Colt revolver I really wanted. That said, I stopped-by my local knife shop on the way home from work to fondle my Sebenza and shoot the bull for a few minutes with the shop owner. Great guy. Never too busy to talk about knives, guns, hunting dogs, etc. One of the reasons I bought it there, instead of ordering it online, was because the guy acted like he knew me for years the first time I walked-in his place to shop. I asked him if I could look at a large Sebenza with the Micarta inlays just to compare...and I should've just reached in my wallet and handed him another $100 because I changed my mind and upgraded as soon as he handed it to me.

The pic above is simply a representation. The lighting in his shop kinda sucks anyway and my cell-phone was out in the car. I'm sure most of you in this forum are already quite familiar with this particular model of Sebenza but, to me, it represents a year's-worth of working my ass off for an employer who demonstrated its appreciation yesterday by giving me a promotion with a modest increase in salary when I wasn't really expecting it. It also represents a year + of helping my wife survive stage 4 colon and liver cancer that included 13 sessions of targeted chemotherapy, surgery to remove half of her liver and another to remove the lesions from her colon. She survived by God's grace and the skill of her treatment team at MD Anderson and Johns Hopkins. So I got no guilt about buying a Sebenza with Micarta inlays. 2018 was one helluva year that I'll never forget.

Last edited:
I have been a big Sebbie fan for many years, and occasionally carry a "P" . I carried my Inkosi after reading this post for the past week, and love everything about it but the blade.... Too thick.... I switched back to large 21 Insingo, and much prefer it.... It all boils down to personal taste... There is no wrong CRK!!

I'm happy things are looking up and enjoy your new knife. You deserve it :)

Thank you! I appreciate that. A CRK Sebenza is just a small gift to myself for successfully guiding my wife thru the nightmare of cancer treatment and cure, while maintaining a very high level of performance at work the entire year. I gotta be honest, though. It aged me a few years and I'm no spring chicken.

I'm looking forward to bringing it home on Monday! ;)

Be prepared for some really dumb rookie questions. I'll try not to be too obnoxious.

Thank you! I appreciate that. A CRK Sebenza is just a small gift to myself for successfully guiding my wife thru the nightmare of cancer treatment and cure, while maintaining a very high level of performance at work the entire year. I gotta be honest, though. It aged me a few years and I'm no spring chicken.

I'm looking forward to bringing it home on Monday! ;)

Be prepared for some really dumb rookie questions. I'll try not to be too obnoxious.

I speak for all of us when I say we are looking forward to it. You might love it at first but after a few months you will really grow to appreciate it.

Handled one today instore just like it.
Awesome knife.
One of the pin screws was a bit recessed at the top of it. It was different from others. Not sure why.

Handled one today instore just like it.
Awesome knife.
One of the pin screws was a bit recessed at the top of it. It was different from others. Not sure why.

I've spent the last four hours just playing around with it and I agree: it is an awesome knife.

Rtoz8sg.jpg

Only three weeks old. It's just pup! :D

I've spent the last four hours just playing around with it and I agree: it is an awesome knife.

Rtoz8sg.jpg

Only three weeks old. It's just pup! :D
I've been flicking mine for a year and the lockup on it is same as day one. Mine has my momma's birthday :). Plain jane

It's not a flipper. Right. It doesn't have ball bearings? Negative. It doesn't free fall? Some do.

Then why is it one of thee best folders on this planet?

You just have to hold one, deploy it & only then you might understand why we love them.

It's not a flipper. Right. It doesn't have ball bearings? Negative. It doesn't free fall? Some do.

Then why is it one of thee best folders on this planet?

You just have to hold one, deploy it & only then you might understand why we love them.

I've only been a knife collector/appreciator for a few months. I had previously heard of CRK but nobody I knew had one. The only ones I had ever seen were in store display cases and at gun shows but I was probably like a lot of people, thinking that anyone willing to pay that kinda $$$ for a pocket knife just had to be nuts. Little did I know...I'd end up being one of those people I thought had to be nuts. o_O

I think with CRK you either get it or you don't. The equation is really that simple.

Back