Large & Small Inkosi Full Back Spacers

Sure... however I do not own nor plan to own a small Inkosi to be able to do the needed development.

I would require a loner knife from someone that would not have a concern with regards to the amount of time it might take to do the scanning, CAD/CAM creation, and proof machining with any needed tweaks. New product development takes place in my free time. I do not use shop hours to do this. Free time is awfully difficult to come by especially at this time of the year. Stringing together sufficient free time to apply to developing a back spacer for the small Inkosi could take weeks or even months.

Steve
I sent you an e-mail.

Due to the magnanimous loan by Forum member RTedder2 of his Small Inkosi I have been able to scan and trace the SMALL into CAD. This is a first step to designing and developing machine files for a full back spacer.

With this much smaller knife I will attempt to pull off and achieve the success with the capture cusp at the blade stop pin that I had with the Large.

Not into the process far enough to predict the outcome... fingers crossed!

lPPsMb1.jpg

Last edited:
The Small Inkosi back spacers have gone from CAD and have now been run thru CAM. I now have machining files ready for a proof milling. Hopefully I will be able to find some time between paying jobs to do the proofing run which will find any warts that may exist at this stage.

ZW9uais.jpg

HH3thAR.jpg

AhNgh5b.jpg

MkeJiM9.jpg

gwDrTsJ.jpg

I've just ordered some UltreX™ Linen Bleached Melamine which is a bone or ivory color Micarta. I've not machined linen Micarta previously so I do not have a handle on it's qualities... BUT if it works out I will be machining four (4) of the cogged back spacers
K63KUmo.jpg

AND four (4) of the smooth Inkosi back spacers when it arrives...
6FzJjWS.jpg
Please let me know if you are selling the Large Inkosi backspacer. Thank you.

Due to the involved process of machining these... they do not make sense to machine them on order. Occasionally I do a batch of them to put in the Marketplace. There are no firm timeframes when this happens... it depends on how busy the shop happens to be and these are used as filler.

I do have three Large Inkosi back spacers sitting on the bench... two G10 and one linen Micarta... all are the smooth design. The orange and charcoal are G10, and the white is the linen Micarta.

5lh1SfA.jpg

7pcG75Z.jpg

LKXTI5d.jpg

Very cool design and machining. I'll definitely get a smooth one for a small Inkosi from you sometime in the future.

Managed to slip the Small Inkosi back spacer file into the machining queue today for proofing. On this Small Inkosi design I slightly increased the size of the cusp to capture more of the blade stop post. The file ran without a glitch and the resulting back spacer fit perfectly!

8et48A4.jpg

M1wv2kp.jpg

VGTmSy3.jpg

AN43CjT.jpg

tFoxNMF.jpg

jMxUmsV.jpg

The Small Inkosi back spacer design is finished and I've locked down the code after reducing the scallop size and placement on the cogged model.

pueb4g9.jpg

m4fnVMi.jpg

S8f4AMM.jpg

17DyosD.jpg

e0KuLF6.jpg

i76Giid.jpg

3sUA9yt.jpg

Yc7PjAj.jpg

IRMxJyt.jpg

MpA4t5m.jpg

Do you still have any for a large Inkosi drop point and/or an Insingo? I would love one for the Insingo as it slices my finger if not careful.

Do you still have any for a large Inkosi drop point and/or an Insingo? I would love one for the Insingo as it slices my finger if not careful.

I currently have sitting on the finish bench five (5) Large Inkosi full back spacers.
1. Ivory G10 SMOOTH (Photos in Post #10)
2. Charcoal G10 SMOOTH (Photos in Post #26)
3. Jade G10 SMOOTH (No photos of this one)
4 & 5. Carbon Fiber COGGED (Photos in Post #11) Note: The Carbon Fiber COGGED backspacers have been slightly changed from the design appearing in the photos in post #11 above. They now have some gimping at the pivot end.

BOOMER52 BOOMER52 i just purchased my first CRK, a small inkosi, and stumbled upon this thread.... I’m very interested in a smooth black (g10 or micarta) backspacer if these are still available. I rarely use BF, but can provide email address, cell #, etc if that’s easier.

Also, just curious, I know it’s preferred for the spacer to slightly protrude... but is the space/tolerance available to have it be flush? .... if so, I might sand it myself...

To answer you last question first... the answer is NO... because of the lack of the space/tolerance of the blade cutting edge to the knifes spine profile edge... a flush back spacer will not have sufficient thickness for the necessary beam strength.

For the Small Inkosi I only have two IVORY smooth back spacers remaining.

VGTmSy3.jpg

AN43CjT.jpg

tFoxNMF.jpg

jMxUmsV.jpg

To answer you last question first... the answer is NO... because of the lack of the space/tolerance of the blade cutting edge to the knifes spine profile edge... a flush back spacer will not have sufficient thickness for the necessary beam strength.

For the Small Inkosi I only have two IVORY smooth back spacers remaining.

VGTmSy3.jpg

AN43CjT.jpg

tFoxNMF.jpg

jMxUmsV.jpg
Sounds good, I’ll send you a message regarding details/purchase. Thx!

I’ll chime in here, are there any large Inkosi backspacer left? I’ll one if so, thanks in advanced

BOOMER52 BOOMER52 For some reason I can’t find where to send a DM on here.... I sent you a message on IG

My IG account cannot receive DM's as it is not managed from a smartphone. I do not own one. I trick IG into recognizing my MacPro desktop as an iOS 11.0 iPhone which allows me to post photographs from my computer but does not allow me to send or receive direct messages.

I’ll chime in here, are there any large Inkosi backspacer left? I’ll one if so, thanks in advanced

Yes... I have three Large Inkosi back spacers available...

One carbon fiber cogged
One jade G10 smooth
One ivory G10 smooth

The smooth back spacers are of this design...
pYiIpzQ.jpg

sp8rpUc.jpg

The carbon fiber is this design... BUT with the gimping at the stop pin end as seen on the smooth spacers.
3sUA9yt.jpg

IRMxJyt.jpg

Back