Latest Reveal

The latest Reveal means we have some great knives coming. A LW Sage, LW P4, and others. The most interesting to me are the Coyote Urban LW AEB-L and the Native Chief. I am really stoked about these two.

https://catalog.spyderco.com/RevealTwo/

What are you all looking forward to?

Sage 5 LW, Delica Wharnie and probably the Endela too. Don't know how I feel about the Shaman as I've not handled one, but I'm a sucker for CF scales so I'd say it's a good possibility I end up with one of those.

Native Chief is one I'll definitely get. Probably also the Dragonfly wharny. I will eventually get an Endela but most likely I'll wait for a version with a premium steel.

Some very cool and interesting combos...I may have to check out the Police LW or Native Chief.

I am surprised that there is not more interest in some of the new designs from people on this forum. There are actually some great things coming.

I am surprised that there is not more interest in some of the new designs from people on this forum. There are actually some great things coming.

Considering the new reveal is pretty much the same as Mr. Blonde's Amsterdam thread, much of the excitement has already been expressed there.

Sage 5 LW, Delica Wharnie

Assuming you mean the Dragonfly wharnie.

As for me, I, umm, pretty much want all of it. Well aside from the kitchen knives(not that I'd turn them down, but I'm fine with my kitchen cutlery, and I don't collect those sort of knives).

Galley V...BRING IT!

I know it's primarily designed to keep apex<es> at optimal levels of refinement, but It'd still be nice to have some medium hones for it just like a Sharpmaker bundle...

I think this will be a great system for large/long Busses! INFI loves ceramic!!!!

Native Chief and LW Police4 and automatic buys for me based on blade length alone. :)

Lw police 4 is a Blade I’ve wanted them to make for years! Well specifically a longer Endura, which is what I see this as.

After comparing the Endela to the Caly 3.5 and the Stretch, it is looking pretty good. It has less pronounced finger bumps than the Delica or Endura. Sal said there were a lot of complaints (me among them) about those bumps with people with large hands. So, he rectified this problem while still making a handle that will not allow the knife to torque in the hand on hard use.

Which designs would those be?

I like a fair few of the revealed knives, but I'm only thinking about getting the Waved Dragonfly. Maybe the chief.

Several have my interest, but nothing pegs my must-buy meeter...yet.

I was really pumped about the Emphasis as a beater/gifter until I realized it was nearly 5 oz, a bit heavy for my current tastes.

The Native Chief has my interest. It would be must-buy in an LC200N variant. It’s compelling as is, none the less.

I’m going to have to hold the Sage 5 LW side-by-side with a Para 3 LW. One of those two will be joining me!

Well for me, there's a lot I like, and want, but nothing that makes me scream "OMG I gotta have it!". I'll likely buy a Police LW, Dragonfly wharnie, I might get an Endela and an Emphasis, but none of them are like "oh damn that's amazing!". The Shaman sprint is nice but at $280 that's just well beyond what I'm willing to pay, and I like the Native Chief but I might hold off on that one until some other versions start showing up.

That is what a lot of people said about the Manix 2 back lock. Now it is gone and they are whining.

Are they? I don't follow every thread but I haven't ever really noticed too many "bring back the Manix 2 back lock!" ones popping up. Maybe I just overlook them. But anyway, black scales and S30V just isn't enough to get me excited and ready to open my wallet, especially not at $156. Maybe when we get a BladeHQ or DLT exclusive version with something fancier, or a lightweight Salt version in LC200N then I'll bite, but in this configuration, it's pretty unlikely.

Back