Support BladeForums! Paid memberships don't see ads! I have a FFFW (Ferrum Forge Falcon Wing) that needs some work done on it. Part of the work is anodization, and part of the work is refinishing the blade so it has a satin finish. What prompted me to want the blade to be refinished is that it got a scratch in it which I removed using Flitz and a Dremel which then left the blade looking cloudy instead of having that nice satin finish that I love. Initially, I was barking up the wrong tree, using Flitz and optical grade potions and buffs. I eventually realized that those were going to move me towards a mirror polish, when I actually wanted a satin finish, instead. I started looking around Amazon and the Internet, and I realized that I needed a wheel abrasive, so I bought a bench grinder. The thing is, I think that's overkill, and I may return it, because last night I had some preliminary results from a Dremel approach that is encouraging. (You may think otherwise and laugh at the picture; I encourage you to see it as an intermediate state, instead of the final product, as I am still learning.) The process did not unfold completely neatly, but instead of going through every misstep, I'll tidy it up and show the arc of improvement: I decided to experiment on a Kizer that I don't mind ruining. I went to Home Depot and got Dremel parts 511E and 512E, which are abrasive buffs. They look a little like the seed head version of a Dandelion, except, instead of having spherical symmetry, they have cylindrical symmetry, because the top and bottom of what would have been the sphere have been chopped off. I clamped the Kizer into my bench vise so it's parallel with the ground. I put the lowest grit head in the Dremel and used it somewhere between 5k-rpm - 15k-rpm. The grit is probably 120 or so. I passed the Dremel back and forth along the direction of the blade and easily scratched coarse lines into the blade. When the lines looked reasonably clean, uniformly distributed, and they weren't changing, I stopped. I moved to the 180 grit and repeated this process. I moved to the 320 grit and repeated this process. Unfortunately, after a while, the head sort of exploded, and all of a sudden it quickly started ruining my work, carving ugly grind lines into what was relatively smooth. I tried to muscle it back to smoothing out the grind lines, but to no avail. I went on Amazon and bought 40 cheap, no name Dremel heads in grits 120, 180, 320, and 400. I plan to start again from 180. Posted here is a picture of the knife after it got "ruined" by the exploding Dremel head. It's certainly not perfect -- especially after the 320 grit head exploded -- but I think I'm starting to get somewhere. Hopefully, after doing the 180 grit, 320 grit, and 400 grit, it'll look a lot better. I also have some higher grit Scotch-Brite wheels coming that go into a regular electric drill. I realize that I didn't mask the swedge; I was eager to see preliminary results on this test. Also, I'm not the best with a FlexShaft/Dremel; the Dremel kept getting sucked down into the blade. If you guys have any constructive advice, please feel free to share.