Leatherman 2019 SHOT

Finally something new from leatherman. We were disappointed last year but not this year. So I'm just gonna leave this here :

Does this finally mean a range of full size and function leatherman tools that you don't have to open the #@©*!&% pliers to access any of the tools? :)

My Swisstools may finally get some domestic competition for belt time! :thumbsup:

I'll see but didnt see anything that could kick my charge titanium out of my pocket any time soon.

The new magnety models dont seem much more one handed and I'm not so sold on how much easier the tools are to access.

Wonderful! Have leatherman finally conceded that introducing oddly shaped handles ever so often, might not actually have been amongst the top consideration of its consumers ? :)
Awesome that they have come up with a true product improvement with the magnet system. What a brilliant technical innovation!
Now I m just wondering how well the magnets will work out in the long run.
Or how the magnetic parts or whatever they are, can be easily fixed or replaced by its owners without sending it back to leatherman, in the likely or unlikely event of wear or a magnetic malfunction, should happen?

With the magnets also I carry a light in that pocket so the magnates will get annoying. My s1r sticks already as it is.

After many years of daily use , my Supertool 300 flips open just as easily as the magnet model does:D
Interesting, I thought the design of the handles would have prevented that. My LM pulse got that way, but I don't think my Rebar ever will, but maybe the rebar head and the supertool head are different enough that the heavier handles help it. I can one-hand the Rebar, but its not a bali-flip, more of a pant-leg-hook.

Man, I'm sold. I've been wanting a new MT for some time. I have thought about getting a TTi but I don't really need premium materials on a tool I actually use hard. 420 does just fine for me day to day.

The larger MT would be fantastic for my daily needs. Actually, if the smaller one didn't settle on a combo edge, I would go with it. I'm thinking it might be a nice Father's Day gift;)

The large knives look like great work knives. I'm a contractor, so I love having multi functioning knives. I'm thinking the 9 function one would be a nice Christmas gift;)

I was absolutely onboard with these new tools until I got tripped off the path with that 420 stainless steel nonsense. It's not like they don't have access to 154cm or S30v. Come on, guys. This is a tremendous shame.

I was absolutely onboard with these new tools until I got tripped off the path with that 420 stainless steel nonsense. It's not like they don't have access to 154cm or S30v. Come on, guys. This is a tremendous shame.

My guess is that they will up the steel quality to a higher end model if these sell. In a MT, I'm fine with 420. I'm a bit old school, but I would kinda like the blade to be something like 440hc just to hold up a bit better, but that's not a deal breaker. I would like to see better steel in a stand alone knife, but for the market the lower end, cheaper steel is probably a safer bet. It looks like they killing the Crater series, so having noting entry level might shoot them in the foot.

Still, these new designs are interesting. If the engineering is sound, I would totally go for an upgrade to S30v for a few dollars more. Still, I don't mind buying a cheaper one first to see if I like it.

My guess is that they will up the steel quality to a higher end model if these sell. In a MT, I'm fine with 420. I'm a bit old school, but I would kinda like the blade to be something like 440hc just to hold up a bit better, but that's not a deal breaker. I would like to see better steel in a stand alone knife, but for the market the lower end, cheaper steel is probably a safer bet. It looks like they killing the Crater series, so having noting entry level might shoot them in the foot.

Still, these new designs are interesting. If the engineering is sound, I would totally go for an upgrade to S30v for a few dollars more. Still, I don't mind buying a cheaper one first to see if I like it.

I would absolutely pay a premium for a better blade steel to be available. However, if they don't, eh, it's not like my Charge Tii is suddenly obsolete. If they decide to bring a P4 with an S30v to market though, they'll earn my business.

If comments on youtube are any indication, I think they are taking a big enough risk at the moment, but I like the direction they are going with the deployment. I agree that a better steel, and getting away from the 2D screwdrivers would be a good thing, but at the end of the day, a multitool is never the right tool, its just likely the tool you have, so hopefully it isn't the wrong tool. But as with all things, there seems to be very vocal "fans" who seem to think that they are the end of all multi-tool design and know exactly what everyone else really needs.

Ill be honest I am a bit apprehensive about the magnets. I would love to check one out. Hopefully they are great. I like leatherman and i hope they dont abandon their older models.

Are they really killing the Crater? It’s the most useful MT I’ve ever come across. Everything you actually need and nothing you don’t.

Back