Lefty thread

Thanks LeftHanfd-Fu for the heads up. I've got some time for sure to handle a Seb. They quoted me 7 months. Ugh. In the meantime I'm growing to really like a right handed Spyderco I'm carrying. Perfect size.

Check retailers as well. At the moment, there are:

two LH Sebenza 21 models here,
http://www.bladeconnection.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1217&cat=Left+Handed+Knives

and one here:
https://nordicknives.com/GenTN3.php?artistfirstname=Chris&artistlastname=Reeve&category=Chris%20Reeve

Those are reputable retailers I have personally purchased from. I'm sure there are others just as trustworthy, including some eBay sellers, but there are also fakes out there.

Also, the "Star-benza" and "Star Tac" versions are generally in stock at Wilson Combat for immediate shipment:
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Reeve_Wilson/products/481/

A bit of contrast for you guys... I am right handed. I can do things with my left hand, albeit, not well. I will not buy a knife if it doesn't have ambidextrous features, though. (Flipper, dual studs, multiple pocket clip positions, etc.) I am not sure why this is, though. I have owned a couple left-handed linerlock knives and it took me a couple days to get used to closing them with my right but once I got it down it was no different.

I'm down with making everything ambidextrous. Locks such as the Tri-ad or Axis are best suited for this and if they have the above features there really are no issues.

I just switched my Spyderco clip to left carry tip up for back left pocket, sharing space with my wallet. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414515082.665236.jpg

Thanks LeftHand-Fu

The first link were Insingos. I want a drop for my first. The second link didn't open from Tapatalk so I'll try later from computer. I appreciate the heads up. I'll stick to a long back order or reputable dealers. I don't trust myself to know a good fake from real without a point of comparison.

So I decided to give it a try, Chris Reeve Knives: Large Sebenza 21 - Insingo Grind - Left Handed. I'll post back once I get it and see if I like a dedicated lefty folder. In an earlier statement I said I think right handed frame locks are better for lefties when needing to torque on the knife i.e. cutting a notch in wood as the lock can only be pushed closed harder, and I still believe this to be true however I plan on this being an edc that will primarily see light use. So we'll see when she gets here...

Just a few of the left-handed choices from CRK:

Lefty Large Starbenza:
20141112%20IMG_7346.JPG

Lefty 25:
20140820%20IMG_2124.JPG

Lefty Umnum Tanto (TNK Exclusive):
20140410%20IMG_1844.JPG

I'm waiting for a lefty 25 i ordered, I understand it will be awhile but in the meantime I'll do with a family of 7 CRK lefties. i'll post pictures soon when I can figure it out.
Brian, how long did you wait for the 25?

I'm waiting for a lefty 25 i ordered, I understand it will be awhile but in the meantime I'll do with a family of 7 CRK lefties. i'll post pictures soon when I can figure it out.

I called Heather at CRK the day the 25s came out and got it maybe two months ago.

B

I called Heather at CRK the day the 25s came out and got it maybe two months ago.

B

If the 25 came out in 2012 that is like a two years wait, Heather told me it will take some time but I hope is faster.
Thanks
f

Heather said they were going to start trickling out to dealers in "the near future" so I think we should be seeing some within a few months.

I'm a southpaw, but I don't own any LH knives. Actually, since I CCW in my left pocket I have gotten used to carrying/using my knife right handed. My knives I primarily carry are a Kershaw Storm II and a Boker Stockman.

Rob Dalton has made me a couple lefty framelocks. I carry this one because concealed carry of cats is impractical. [/URL]
I don't own a karambit or a waved knife, but I REALLY like the one in your post.

As far as concealed carry of CATS goes, you just have to find the system that works for you.:p
115310a970c4321405c547629d1976d9.jpg

Cuteness overload.

Heather said they were going to start trickling out to dealers in "the near future" so I think we should be seeing some within a few months.

Let's hope so, I'm watching for its appearance. The regular 25 is pretty ambi but I prefer left carry and had become totally spoiled by the lh lock bar
Thanks

Yea once you go true lefty its pretty hard to go back. Unfortunately that means I pretty much only carry CRKs or lefty customs now. Axis locks and back locks are pretty good too.

So I decided to give it a try, Chris Reeve Knives: Large Sebenza 21 - Insingo Grind - Left Handed. I'll post back once I get it and see if I like a dedicated lefty folder. In an earlier statement I said I think right handed frame locks are better for lefties when needing to torque on the knife i.e. cutting a notch in wood as the lock can only be pushed closed harder, and I still believe this to be true however I plan on this being an edc that will primarily see light use. So we'll see when she gets here...

So I've had the lefty insingo for a while now, (from KSF) and love the knife! However the only +'s for me of having it left-handed are 1. the novelty of having a left handed knife and 2. knowing if someone steals it, unless they are left handed it will be not very useful to them and likely harder to sell.

I still feel the right frame lock is better for a lefty. Have had no issues with this one though.

And in case anyone is interested, I don't have any issues switching between it and my right handed knives. No forgetting or muscle memory issues either way.

Back