Let’s see some choppers!

Most of them are choppers, excellent choppers. I’m still hungry and want some more :D
U4uruqj.jpg

Nothing can beat NMFBM. It’s my favorite Busse for all hard work.
5eszGyt.jpg

I wondering why this is? I mean the Specs and weight are almost the same on the NMFBM and the HUCK. I would think the HUCKs shape would make a better chopper. I have very little experience with Kukri's but I always thought this was the case.

I think the NMFBM has just got such better looks than the Huck. NMFBM is an iconic Busse Classic. I have never owned or even held either of them. I would love to get my hands on a NMFBM one day. I have always thought of it as the Busse Chopper to rule them all. I’m sure there are better performers out there, but this one checks all the boxes for me.

I think the NMFBM has just got such better looks than the Huck. NMFBM is an iconic Busse Classic. I have never owned or even held either of them. I would love to get my hands on a NMFBM one day. I have always thought of it as the Busse Chopper to rule them all. I’m sure there are better performers out there, but this one checks all the boxes for me.

It performs like an axe compared to other chopping knives I've used. It is solid - there's no vibration at all. The convex grind means it doesn't bind. Very easy to twist it at the end of each chop to pop chips of wood out. Exceptional balance, so there's less fatigue when using it over time despite the weight. You can hit anywhere on the blade (don't need to aim for the sweet spot on a recurve), so as you get tired over time you can get a bit sloppy on your aim and it makes little difference.

So for me, the NMFBM is the best performer once you're working for more than a few minutes.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-17-at-9-25-15-am.jpg

It performs like an axe compared to other chopping knives I've used. It is solid - there's no vibration at all. The convex grind means it doesn't bind. Very easy to twist it at the end of each chop to pop chips of wood out. Exceptional balance, so there's less fatigue when using it over time despite the weight. You can hit anywhere on the blade (don't need to aim for the sweet spot on a recurve), so as you get tired over time you can get a bit sloppy on your aim and it makes little difference.

So for me, the NMFBM is the best performer once you're working for more than a few minutes.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-17-at-9-25-15-am.jpg
Thanks for the feedback! That is a real beauty you got there. Love to see them well used like yours. That micarta just keeps getting better with age.

image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pics from a while ago maybe beginning of summer 2019.
First pic is just me setting it down for a picture, not chopping, The next photos are, if i recall correctly, 2 or maybe 3 hits, This was a piece of furniture that was going out that has that composite type of wood, I don't think most knives would be able to power their way through it and this monster made it feel easy.

I recently acquired a .401 thick MOAB that I have yet to unleash the full power of. I will tell you that nothing I have or had holds a candle to the one handed powerhouse that is The MOAB. You can just FEEL its power when you weld it, much like the WTF but even MORE. Hope to get some usage and photos soon.

I did some comparison between HUCK and NMFBM. NMFBM was significantly better in all tasks. The convex grind makes it very efficient chopper. But it can handle also small jobs like fuzz sticks etc. My NMFBM is from the original run - it is 0.250 thick and not so heavy. It is my favorite camp knife.
AQDhAdz.jpg

480EC796-DE19-4DB2-BBFD-1F2891B69908.jpeg 4969B142-E2F0-49E2-9735-46F9ED6226F2.jpegF9738286-A139-4CEF-868D-4FD9612D65F3.jpeg D9548FE2-A9FC-419A-B034-0B9F490240AB.jpeg 369CF61D-BD9B-4787-9D80-4D8E0485E19F.jpeg DC03A4FC-E183-4600-9F15-F113FFC6556C.jpeg

Beauty shots of the MOAB with a Magnum MOASK photo bomb:eek:, Tree partially fell in the back yard, But instead of getting a crew to remove it(would've been around $2,500)....I looked at all my INFI, Swords, INFIswords, and multitude of machetes, and realized this is a dream come true:D:D.

Last edited:
First Pics are 8-10 swings, even though I didn't find the sweet spot for swinging until the 6th or 7th swing, it was already making short work of it. Something smaller/lighter would've taken much longer for this result.
View attachment 1414997 View attachment 1414992 View attachment 1414993 View attachment 1414994 View attachment 1415000 View attachment 1415001 View attachment 1414991I seem to have amassed an audience.

View attachment 1415003

Great Pictures

Back