Let’s see your Chipped knives!

Sometimes it's not the aesthetic touches...this Schrade auto in the middle came to me with a proud tip when closed. It was slight, but would catch the finger pretty easily or snag in the pocket. On a slipjoint I could just file the kick to lower the blade but being an auto I had to approach this one a little differently...I could grind down the spine but that would sacrifice blade length😔. Instead I was able to peen the catch that holds the knife closed, lowering the blade without giving up any length😎

20211127_054550~2.jpg

Screenshot_20211107-210101_Telegram~2.jpg

Screenshot_20211107-210128_Camera~2.jpg

Both the old old school Cold Steel AK-47 and the flashlight in this pic got a stormtrooper makeover, the Microtech Siphon II pen also had the imperial cog engraving recut by hand and blacked out as the original laser engraving was just barely through the cerakote with no actual depth.

20211128_060827~2.jpg

20211217_064425~2.jpg
Carried this FrankenMar yesterday and totally forgot to post it here🤦‍♂️😂 This is the ZDP-189 blade and adjustable pivot from an Al Mar Eagle HD stuffed into an Eagle Classic jigged bone handle, then gussied up with some basketweave aligned to the jigging. A silly personal project to satisfy a ridiculous desire🤷‍♂️😂

Microtech Monday with a touch of the blues😎 I scored this L.C.C. D/A a few years ago in pretty sad shape, scuffs everywhere on the handle and a "ghetto satin" scotchbrite finish on the blade that washed out all the grind lines. Gave it a two-tone satin/blasted finish on the blade for some definition, cleaned up the handle and gave it a kinda geometric version of the tri-weave pattern with selective ano.

20211227_054453~2.jpg

Back