Let's Have An Auction for Ray!

cool J. we were thinking alike, I sent a hawk out this morning. It sure does a body good to see everyone coming together.

Bill

I'm in, it'll take a couple weeks till I get off the rig to see what I've got, but I believe I've got a couple I could send.

You guys got to remember I only have 5 acres of property. You don't know how good this makes me feel to read this thread. What a great bunch of guys!

Funny I was asked to do the forging demo at Blade West this year. I'm sure alot has to do with me being local to the area. I went out last night and picked up a few tools that I'm really needing. I wanted to get a few hammer handles but couldn't find any that would work for my hammer heads plus I'm thinking I'll need to re heat treat them all. I ended up getting me a cross peen and a few brass fittings in hope to rebuild a couple of my burners. Maybe take a ride into town and hit the second hand stores to see if I can find something that will work for a blower. Then scrounge around here and build me a base for my demo anvil and see if its OK even thought the ball bearing bounced well on it. I've just got a few frustrations I think I could lose if I can do alittle forging.

Raymond, while I'm glad you feel the adjuster is on your side for now, my experience with it all after the fires devastated my neighborhood in '03 is don't expect him to do anything other than look out for the best interest of his employer. :thumbdn: I have nothing good to say about adjusters after what my family went through. :thumbdn: :barf: :barf: :barf: #@$%&*!!!!

I believe the support you receive from your brothers & sisters in the knifemaking community will help compensate. There's no doubt we're on your side.

Nick, thanks for offering to receive tools. I was hoping someone close by would do that. I think what everyone else is doing is great also.

Crocker Knives said:
Raymond, while I'm glad you feel the adjuster is on your side for now, my experience with it all after the fires devastated my neighborhood in '03 is don't expect him to do anything other than look out for the best interest of his employer. :thumbdn: I have nothing good to say about adjusters after what my family went through. :thumbdn: :barf: :barf: :barf: #@$%&*!!!!

I believe the support you receive from your brothers & sisters in the knifemaking community will help compensate. There's no doubt we're on your side.

Nick, thanks for offering to receive tools. I was hoping someone close by would do that. I think what everyone else is doing is great also.

this will depend on the company
My sister and Brother inlaws house burned them out about 6 years ago and they had replace ment value,, dispite it's a pain in the a$$ to have this happen they've done very well with a new house from them....

Another consideration (though I hate to be a downer) is after our shop fire, the insurance took reasonable care of us and then immediately dumped us. Afterwards we were very hard pressed to find anyone that would cover us. In fact, if we hadn't decided to take out a loan and begin our home renovations, we wouldn't been able to get any fire coverage at all. Not fun.

Chuck check your PM. I shipped three knives for auction. One of mine and two Pumas. I PMed you the tracking number.
Scott

:thumbup: A very worthwhile effort to support. I put a knife in the mail this morning. Just hope everything works out.

I have posted two knives to e-Bay, 100% of the final bid price to go to Ray. Here's a link that will call them both up:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdeltapuppy

A couple of my customers are planning to donate knives that I will also post in the same format. I have linked this thread within the auctions for anyone wanting to get involved in your effort as well.

Best,
Billy Cochrane
www.vintageknives.com

why will the moderators let this go through and stop the threads of the drawing for my 2 knives
i,m trying to feed my fam and wont be able to work

*On hold pending Admin. approval* Larry Harley Knife Raffle
Raffles are not permitted without the consent of the Administrator of BFC regardless of the cause. A copy of the original posting has been saved until said permission is granted.

K.V. Collucci
Community Center Moderator.
Last edited by K.V. Collucci : 08-14-2005 at 02:50 AM.
cpknives
View Public Profile
Send a private message to cpknives
Send email to cpknives
Visit cpknives's homepage!
Find all posts by cpknives
Add cpknives to Your Buddy List
#2 Report Bad Post
Old 08-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Gold Member

I honor the delay and protocol. That said, I am 100% behind this upcoming auction to help a great knifemaker who is sick with a lot of medical bills pending. Chemotherapy is NOT fun or cheap....

I hope there is a place in BF where this can resurface. Paul Vandine has stepped up to lead this helpful fund. He did not do this on his own, as this was discussed in a private email list that includes other BF mods also. This is legit, and I think there is a place for this here.

Thanks, Ken. No harm done. I know you are following the rules. I look forward to a followup thread somewhere.

Coop

•• Having your custom knife photographed does NOT cost you $$$. It PAYS! ••
SharpByCoop
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SharpByCoop
Send email to SharpByCoop
Visit SharpByCoop's homepage!
Find all posts by SharpByCoop
Add SharpByCoop to Your Buddy List
#3 Report Bad Post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Community Center Mod

Send a message via AIM to K.V. Collucci Send a message via Yahoo to K.V. Collucci
If this was discussed with the other mods it was not passed on to me. With that said Spark has made it perfectly clear that auctions are not to take place on BFC without his approval. If this was discussed with other mods and without his input it is in violation of BFC policy.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
John F. Kennedy(1917 - 1963)

Hottie of the Month: Leann Tweeden

K.V. Collucci
View Public Profile
Send a private message to K.V. Collucci
Send email to K.V. Collucci
Visit K.V. Collucci's homepage!
Find all posts by K.V. Collucci
Add K.V. Collucci to Your Buddy List
#4 Report Bad Post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Evil Herd Gang,Super Mod

We'll get it worked out.

For know Ken is doing what he has to do.

Like Coop I will suport this effort to lend Harley a hand as much as I can.

It was not discussed with me (other than the effort taking place on TKCL), but I will try to talk to Spark and if it is OK with him head up the effort here.

if mr K.V. Collucci had anysmarts he would realize that this is not an auction but a raffel
whats the difference in what u all r doing for raymond and what the TKCL and A B S r doing for me other than its me not him??
this falls under the heading of really pisses me off
HARLEY
I,M DOWEN BUT I WILL GET BETTER AND I WILL NEVER FORGET

larry harley said:
if mr K.V. Collucci had anysmarts he would realize that this is not an auction but a raffel
whats the difference in what u all r doing for raymond and what the TKCL and A B S r doing for me other than its me not him??
HARLEY

I think it's because one looks like helping by others and yours looks like it's self-serving
be it for the same reasons
there is a difference..
I would'nt have
a problem either way if it were on the for sale forum.

for myself I would not personally ask for help here..but that is just me and my own 2cents..I don't mean to offend
here it's just a view point
of what you asked. WHY :(

Dan Gray said:
I think it's because one looks like helping by others and yours looks like it's self-serving
be it for the same reasons
there is a difference..
I would'nt have
a problem either way if it were on the for sale forum.

for myself I would not personally ask for help here..but that is just me and my own 2cents..I don't mean to offend
here it's just a view point
of what you asked. WHY :(

i didnt ask for help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
none of this raffel stufff was my idea
BUT
when they locked the thread started by
paul vandane about me
and opened this one for raymond
it pissed me off
sorry chemo makes me kinda testy
i thought that very inequitable
again go back and read the other post
i ant never asked anyone for anything
just kinda pissed that we werent treated the same
wouldnt it u??
harley

Larry:

I know I am sticking my neck out here, but...........

I didn't even know you were having problems until a few days ago. I sincerely hope you are able to overcome these difficult days, and that God will bless you in your recovery.

I would love to see an ongoing support system developed to assist our fellow makers in need. It seems that the problems Ray ran into were brought to our attention, when in fact, there are many others who could use some assistance. Perhaps many, as I myself can attest, were unaware of your situation. That is all the more reason to post on these forums, and post often. Anyone who has knowledge of a fellow-maker in need should share it with the community. We must strive to take care of our own.

Each day brings new age and life-style related health problems to me, and, although I am still alive and kicking and have been fortunate enough not to have been besieged by tragedy, somewhere inside I know that if the knife community were aware that I managed to get myself between a rock and a hard spot, they would be there to help.

I think that "awareness" is the key to "assistance". Let us all share what knowledge we have about our brethern in need.

With that said........... I sincerely hope you can overcome your set-back, and again soon be back up to full speed. If I can help in any way, I am here for you.

A Friend........... Robert

larry harley said:
why will the moderators let this go through and stop the threads of the drawing for my 2 knives
i,m trying to feed my fam and wont be able to work

HARLEY
I'm sorry for your sickness or what ever you have
edited to insert
I did'nt realize paul vandane did the thread ...
where as you came in here all pissed off.. My apologies.

I just said because you asked.,( reading it again) why it LOOKS like they did what they did..
I didn't say it was right or wrong did I? I don't make the rules either..
you did write the above quote right? you asked a question I gave and answer
by way of my opinion

:(

Maybe we should start a Knifemakers Assistance Forum. A place where one could post info. about a maker who might be in need. That might make us aware of problems we might want to assist in. Im not real active on some of the other forums and I didn't know of Larry's problems. Even if we did want to help we cannot if we don't know....
I hope all works out for you Larry.

Chuck
Check your PM box. I sent you the tracking number for the knife I prommissed.

Glad to help
jimi

A quick update.

I received several great knives and more are on the way.

The website hosting is donated by Blade Gallery. I've been working on the website. It will be live the second week in September.

Hey Chuck, just curious on how the website is coming along. Please be sure and post when she's go'in. Thank you so much for all you time and work.

Bill

Back