LETS POST PICS..

Lol thanks Joe, I thought it might put a smile on your face.
David thank you as well, Ole Pugs made em. The Hasiya was one of the first that I carved, boy it was nerve wracking and did it with a traditional frog, was alot of work.
Pugs,
I love the knives and the sheaths. Great job.
Stefan Kristen
Semper Fi
USMC Intruder Pilot
VMA(aw)332
Cherry Point

To help keep this thread going, here are two more HI blades.

The first is an unusual model, the Garuda Knife by Purna Kami. Overall length 18.5", weight 29 oz. It's quite a beefy blade with deep, wide fullers that keep the weight down despite a thick spine. Impeccably made, like all of Purna's work.

Garuda18.5in-Purna29oz-01.jpg

Next is a Ganga Ram Special from the collection of the late Bigbore577. This is a real monster at 21" OAL and 45.5 oz, but very well balanced so it doesn't feel too heavy in the hand for such a big blade. I'm almost certain it was made by Bura, though the kami mark is incomplete, as you can see in the last picture. The mark is a neatly done version of Bura's crescent, but without the sun and initials. There is no marking on the other side. The crescent and quality of construction spell Bura. Also, it has a very short "nipple of Kali," which is typical of many Bura blades. Anyway, here it is:

GangaRamSpecial21in-Bura46.5oz-03.JPG GangaRamSpecial21in-Bura46.5oz-06.JPG GangaRamSpecial21in-Bura46.5oz-04.JPG

To help keep this thread going, here are two more HI blades.

The first is an unusual model, the Garuda Knife by Purna Kami. Overall length 18.5", weight 29 oz. It's quite a beefy blade with deep, wide fullers that keep the weight down despite a thick spine. Impeccably made, like all of Purna's work.

View attachment 1331206

Next is a Ganga Ram Special from the collection of the late Bigbore577. This is a real monster at 21" OAL and 45.5 oz, but very well balanced so it doesn't feel too heavy in the hand for such a big blade. I'm almost certain it was made by Bura, though the kami mark is incomplete, as you can see in the last picture. The mark is a neatly done version of Bura's crescent, but without the sun and initials. There is no marking on the other side. The crescent and quality of construction spell Bura. Also, it has a very short "nipple of Kali," which is typical of many Bura blades. Anyway, here it is:

View attachment 1331210 View attachment 1331211 View attachment 1331212

Ganga Ram looks stunning

Great pix and collections, thank you everyone for sharing

From my collection

Master Kami Bura made Dhankuta
Gift from Bawanna

NlXLGzz.jpg

Pacthar Knife made by late Vim Kami
Gift from Don

gvi7UUF.jpg

L to r
Gift from Korean friend

Gift from Guatemala friend

WBda9o0.jpg

8Pm25Ct.jpg

My Bowie
VH7W9G4.jpg

Its little brother, scratched by Bawanna
LtYKYsg.jpg

And this little fella, have his big brother as well thanks to Ndog.
mTHqhlj.jpg
That’s some pretty knives pugs. I remember when you were making that snakeskin sheath that would look pretty on my chitlangi bowie. Man I need one of those!

My Bowie
VH7W9G4.jpg

Its little brother, scratched by Bawanna
LtYKYsg.jpg

And this little fella, have his big brother as well thanks to Ndog.
mTHqhlj.jpg

The Chit Bowie is at the top of my wish list. Beautiful handle on that one. Love the light color on the horn. Great sheath too! Perfect match with the knife and snake skin. Let me know if you ever get really sick of it!

That’s some pretty knives pugs. I remember when you were making that snakeskin sheath that would look pretty on my chitlangi bowie. Man I need one of those!
Thank You, yeah it was fun making that one, lots of stitching and sore hands.

The Chit Bowie is at the top of my wish list. Beautiful handle on that one. Love the light color on the horn. Great sheath too! Perfect match with the knife and snake skin. Let me know if you ever get really sick of it!
Yeah man, the handle I soaked in mineral oil for like three days, when I pulled it out the gray streaks came through, I was very happy. Had a few skins and that one matched pretty nicely. I will keep ya in mind if I get tired of it.

Back