Lets see some Hinderer action

I am waiting hoping the XM-18 Gen 6 3.5" Sheepsfoot with some working and battle finishes are out soon !!!

I love my DLT Exclusives ... but NEED at least one more XM-18 3.5" Gen 6 Sheepsfoot ... at least in a working finish but hopefully some battle blue and battle bronze also !!!

Finally got all my Hinderers finished up with extras or hardware and scales ... I need to get some pictures of the whole group now they are all (pretty much) finished.
I’m in the middle of swapping some hardware on some of mine - it is quite a chore trying to find hardware in stock in the right colors for the right knife.
There’s always one screw or pivot screw that is out of stock everywhere.
They need to just stop knife production for 2 days and churn out about 2,000 different hardware sets. :)

Yes we need pictures JJ! I’d really like a sheepsfoot 3.5 too, but I’m gonna have to wait for quite a while...

Yes we need pictures JJ! I’d really like a sheepsfoot 3.5 too, but I’m gonna have to wait for quite a while...

I just finished up switching out hardware .... I may have a couple more changes but I have 4 or 5 out of the 7 I have that are pretty much done ... I hope to get a few pictures in the next couple days ...

I really like the sheepsfoot ... and got the scale and hardware on it last night ... I think it turned out fairlly nice ...

but I promise pictures soon !!!

I heard hints from Rick about a Skinny Sheepsfoot some months back. I hope that's still on the docket at some point. That'd be a sweet configuration.

That and a 3" Sheepsfoot. :D

I bet that Skinny Slicer blade grind is a real slicer - no joke. Would love to see the edge/behind the edge.
That’s one reason I like the Swedge too - nice slicing profile.
My Skinny example is .017 in. Behind The Edge. It appears to have the factory edge. Rick sure knows how to sharpen a knife, this Slicer is scary sharp.

Wc2cgQO.jpg

Man I totally wrecked the factory edge on my Skinny today, the whole damn edge rolled over from tip to choil. I had to cut up a 8ftx8ft 1 inch thick rubber mat which was basically car tire rubber. Just got done putting a 18* edge on it and man it is SHARP! I’m not sure if it was just a burnt factory edge or if I worked it too hard...didn’t really think CPM 20CV would do that so easily. We’ll see how she acts after a few more sharpenings. This knife is definitely an awesome and tough user, even for being a Skinny.

Man I totally wrecked the factory edge on my Skinny today, the whole damn edge rolled over from tip to choil. I had to cut up a 8ftx8ft 1 inch thick rubber mat which was basically car tire rubber. Just got done putting a 18* edge on it and man it is SHARP! I’m not sure if it was just a burnt factory edge or if I worked it too hard...didn’t really think CPM 20CV would do that so easily. We’ll see how she acts after a few more sharpenings. This knife is definitely an awesome and tough user, even for being a Skinny.

Honestly, after that kind of cutting (rubber that I assume had some kind of mesh woven into it), the fact that the 20CV rolled rather than chipped is really damn impressive. Indicates some good heat treating, which I'd definitely expect from Hinderer. I've always found them to get the most out of their steels.

Let's see some pics of that nice new edge! :D

Yep - got the same alert! Just ordered my first Half Track!
That’s great. I have an older gen Half Track which I really like. Not sure if I’m going to go for the gen 6 or not. Mine is a black and silver blade tanto, so I could use the excuse that this would be a different blade style. I bet you’ll like that knife and you can’t beat DLT.

I was opposed to the Half Track for the longest time due to the size, but after owning and flipping these 3.0s so much, a half inch shorter or so isn't going to be a big deal I don't think.

I carry Cryos on a daily basis, so you can't get much smaller than those. I'm really excited.

I love this size diagram Monkey made.

hOFr5fR.jpg

Back