Lets see some Hinderer action

For those who have battle black XM-18s, how do you like the finish? I am hesitating between battle black and stonewash (and to make it more complicated, also black DLC).

Also, any dealer still has 3.5" xm-18 skinny slicers (choil or no choil does not matter)? I can only find battle black skinny slicers on DLT website but that's about it.

I have stonewashed Dlc black and its held up extremely well. The battle black will probably hide scratches even better. My regular stonewashed skinny is my go to daily carry during the week. It hides all the scratches and still looks great.

As far as stock I think Dlt is going to be the only one with battle black slicers. USA madeblade might too. PM whitty and ask him, hes usually very good about getting back to people quickly and helping find a specific knife.

Wow that scale is amazing, that dauntless looks phenomenal!
Thank you Sir!
That’s sculpted methyl blue cf
Here’s a Skinny scale i did in the same material w/no sculpting.

6782b405968e8b2d1e4e7e61685d735d.jpg

Thank you Sir!
That’s sculpted methyl blue cf
Here’s a Skinny scale i did in the same material w/no sculpting.

6782b405968e8b2d1e4e7e61685d735d.jpg

that's impressive, I always thought was denim micarta. It has lots of depth, absolutely gorgeous

Got a question about Hinderer xm-18 but instead of creating a new thread, I will just ask here. Hope its ok. Between the fullered spear xm-18 3.5 and the regular spearpoint xm-18 3.5 (both tri-way), are the blade specs identical except the inclusion of the fuller (and placement of logo)?

Got a question about Hinderer xm-18 but instead of creating a new thread, I will just ask here. Hope its ok. Between the fullered spear xm-18 3.5 and the regular spearpoint xm-18 3.5 (both tri-way), are the blade specs identical except the inclusion of the fuller (and placement of logo)?

Yeah they will be in terms of blade length and thickness. Should be the same regarding other specs too, but if anyone with more expertise can add in, please do.

Thanks! Yeah if I come across a pivot that needs something more aggressive than the armorers tool, I usually use a stubby 5/16 craftsman flat head with masking tape carefully covering the blade. Hasn’t marred anything yet, thankfully.

Very nice. And I like the black hardware, too, there's something about stainless steel .... good job on the Pivot screw, most of the black ones are marred.

Back