Lets see some Hinderer action

I did a little Hinderer accessorizing work this evening.
I was looking for a clip to compliment my brass inlay MP-1. The blue anodized one I had as a placeholder was not working. I forgot that I had an extra Working Finish gear clip so I swapped it onto my coppered-out XM-18 and put the stonewashed one on the MP-1. I think I like them this way. The Working Finish goes well with the DLC and copper patina. Now I just need a couple more brass gears for the MP-1 clip.
i.ashx

I did a little Hinderer accessorizing work this evening.
I was looking for a clip to compliment my brass inlay MP-1. The blue anodized one I had as a placeholder was not working. I forgot that I had an extra Working Finish gear clip so I swapped it onto my coppered-out XM-18 and put the stonewashed one on the MP-1. I think I like them this way. The Working Finish goes well with the DLC and copper patina. Now I just need a couple more brass gears for the MP-1 clip.
i.ashx

Looks great with the gear clip now, Joseph ! :)

Roland.

Please can anyone suggest a good source for OEM or after market titanium scales for Hinderers? They never seem to be in stock on the Hinderer website or at the various dealer sites. Do they just sell out really quickly or is there a supply problem? I am looking for a battle black xm-24 scale but other colors would work. Any suggestions welcome (note: it seems they also rarely come up for sale on here). Thanks.

Please can anyone suggest a good source for OEM or after market titanium scales for Hinderers? They never seem to be in stock on the Hinderer website or at the various dealer sites. Do they just sell out really quickly or is there a supply problem? I am looking for a battle black xm-24 scale but other colors would work. Any suggestions welcome (note: it seems they also rarely come up for sale on here). Thanks.

I've been waiting/searching for skinny ti scales for well over a year for XM-18 3.5"...same in battle black. Still nothing. One day it will happen, one day.

I'm afraid the wait for XM-24 might be longer. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Join the Facebook BST groups. There are often scales for sale.
Hinderer Knives - B/S/T
Herder’s Barn Finds

Just block everything but knife people. That is what a lot of folks do. They are just on Facebook for the knives;)

Definitely this. I belong to a bunch of knife, EDC, & photography groups that I look at a lot. I hardly ever view anything from my feed of friends and only have friends that I actually know in person. I also use the unfollow feature if those friends start posting a bunch of stuff I don't want to see. Facebook is just like anything else; you can largely control your experience with it based on how you use it.

Just block everything but knife people. That is what a lot of folks do. They are just on Facebook for the knives;)
Thanks - the last time I tried to sign up on Facebook they seemed to want a bunch of ID - that turned me off immediately and I gave up (I'm not sure if that is typical or because I was trying to resurrect a 10 year old dormant account which I had set up back when I was an avid watch collector).

PS: the scale I am after is to fit a new Xm-24 on its way from your good self. ;)

PS: the scale I am after is to fit a new Xm-24 on its way from your good self. ;)

You might be in for a surprise .... I had a clean SW XM-24 Ti scale from a knife I bought used on ebay a while ago. I didn't use it as it made the already heavy XM-24 too bloody so. Also, in practice, it scratches easily, when you work with the knife, you never know where to put it down. The guy who got my Ti scale had been looking for it on FB for several weeks .... Anyways, he put it on, and then - the day after - sent it to somebody else (at no profit - no complaints from me), because also he thought the knife was unusably heavy in full Ti.

Now, Hinderer made some milled out Ti 24 scales, but they are very rare, in particular if you are looking for a special color, like battle black.

If you want something beautiful, super tough and practical for your regular XM-24, I recommend RKH textured CF scales, that can still be bought for the 24 easily (they are now rare for the XM-18).

Now, there is also the XM-24 Skinny, a great knife, and DLT still sells Ti scales for it. Milled if I remember right.

Last edited:
You might be in for a surprise .... I had a clean SW XM-24 Ti scale from a knife I bought used on ebay a while ago. I didn't use it as it made the already heavy XM-24 too bloody so. Also, in practice, it scratches easily, when you work with the knife, you never know where to put it down. The guy who got my Ti scale had been looking for it on FB for several weeks .... Anyways, he put it on, and then - the day after - sent it to somebody else (at no profit - no complaints from me), because also he thought the knife was unusably heavy in full Ti.

Now, Hinderer made some milled out Ti 24 scales, but they are very rare, in particular if you are looking for a special color, like battle black.

If you want something beautiful, super tough and practical for your regular XM-24, I recommend RKH textured CF scales, that can still be bought for the 24 easily (they are now rare for the XM-18).

Now, there is also the XM-24 Skinny, a great knife, and DLT still sells Ti scales for it. Milled if I remember right.
Thanks - that is welcome insight and quite by chance I did order a textured CF scale for it the other day - both should arrive later today. I'll see how I get on with that. Thanks again.

I've been waiting/searching for skinny ti scales for well over a year for XM-18 3.5"...same in battle black. Still nothing. One day it will happen, one day.

I'm afraid the wait for XM-24 might be longer. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Mako, I gave some scales to @razor-edge-knives to measure and he is working on making some skinny Ti scales. Haven't heard back from him a in a while on it but hopefully something comes soon.

Back