Let's see some pics of your best (grail?) GSO!

So June is almost in the books, and I am sure we are all looking forward to a busy summer of outdoor activities, hopefully with our newest GSO!

I thought it would be cool to post pics of your best GSO. Maybe you happen to be a collector and this is your Grail whether you own it or not, or you are a user and this is the one who has served you best and you couldn't let go of. Maybe it's one you sold and you regret it. Whatever it is to you, lets see it.

This one has been my GSO safe queen for a couple years now. It came to me direct from S!K back when the shop was in PA.

It's nothing too crazy, a GSO 3.5 in 3V, black DLC coated, #81. 3 colour camo G10 handle. Black oxide fasteners. Black sheath.

IMG_3248a.JPG

IMG_3249a.JPG

IMG_3250a.JPG

IMG_3251a.JPG

Of course I ordered a Cerakote 4.7 as I do love a coated 3V in my climate. I don't have it yet, but I do miss this black DLC option.

That's quite an invaluable item you've got there Mr. Fournier! How many times has that thing been out of the safe? I bet no more than the digits on one's own hand, if that!

That's quite an invaluable item you've got there Mr. Fournier! How many times has that thing been out of the safe? I bet no more than the digits on one's own hand, if that!

3. HAHAHAHAHA. Don't laugh.

I take it out, clean the edge and sometimes take a pic. Then apply a thin coat of oil to the edge, and back in the box she goes.

I'll follow up with a new action shot of my most favorite user as soon as I'm out with her again, but in the mean time..........
What is this cerakoted 3v you speak of????? Did you mean you ordered a cerakoted cruforge 4.7?

3. HAHAHAHAHA. Don't laugh.

I take it out, clean the edge and sometimes take a pic. Then apply a thin coat of oil to the edge, and back in the box she goes.

Jayzus! If you ever decide to sell that thing, it's going to cost someone a pretty penny. I want to see more grail GSOs posted on here so perhaps I may be able to trade something with someone.

I like the idea of this thread among us, the Survivors! :thumbup:

Yes sorry Silver, I worded that awkwardly. I love the coated 3V, in DLC of course. So I ordered the 4.7 coated.

More pics!!

That's a great color combo! Very nice piece Justin! Take some more photos of it when you take it out for the 4th time. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yes sorry Silver, I worded that awkwardly. I love the coated 3V, in DLC of course. So I ordered the 4.7 coated.

More pics!!

I figured that's what you meant, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an extra option on the order page! FDE coating with a black handle looks soooooooo good to me! Your 3.5 isn't too shabby either ;)
Is that camo g10? Did you get camo g10 before it was cool?????

I found a pic I haven't posted here yet with another favorite tool of mine. I go budget in most other things to save money for GSO's :D

GSO 5 with red linen, baby!

Here's my Grail until Saturday. It's tough to let her go, but the spot will be filled by another S!K.
2fa5a39ef4d8e2c527922bae52fe75c0.jpg

That's a great color combo! Very nice piece Justin! Take some more photos of it when you take it out for the 4th time. ;)

He may just do that for the right offer ;)

I figured that's what you meant, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an extra option on the order page! FDE coating with a black handle looks soooooooo good to me! Your 3.5 isn't too shabby either ;)
Is that camo g10? Did you get camo g10 before it was cool?????

I found a pic I haven't posted here yet with another favorite tool of mine. I go budget in most other things to save money for GSO's :D

GSO 5 with red linen, baby!

That looks kinda pinkish and I bet that it matches your lip balm :D

Will do! And where are your pics? You have something to share I am sure!
I'll contribute to this thread tomorrow when I have some good light. You can even make cold steel look exotic with the right light. :)

What is that little hatchet?
Fiskars hatchet. Same specs/dimensions as the x7, but different name.

If that's a GSO 5, I have a very good idea as to where it may be going ;)
That's got to be a 6. What's the story behind it being replaced, Standard?

Still one of my favorite 5's! That red is so good!
Hey thanks!

That looks kinda pinkish and I bet that it matches your lip balm :D

1. Don't insult my 5.
2. I got that color to coordinate with my favorite lace panties...

Back