Let's see some pictures!

NvOeOAv.jpg

How do you like the sidekick? Would seem like a suitable pocket multitool. People seem to be divided by it, but I think the ones who criticize it have a bit too unrealistic expectations from multitool.

I've owned a newer Super Tool 300 and can easily say the Sidekick is lesser quality. At least in my Sidekick, there's a bit of play in the pliers, up and down play in the main blade and saw, and it's just not finished to the same extent as the more expensive tools.

That said, I paid $35 for it in 2015 and have been very satisfied with it's abilities. It's plenty capable for a budget full size Leatherman! It's not going to be as capable or fancy as a Wave, but it wasn't designed to be. The Sidekick and the other budget Leatherman tools are still very usable tools and are a great size for pocket carry.
BHpSESZ.jpg

I used to use the Sidekick everyday when I worked in maintenance/landscaping, primarily using the saw and wire cutters. A year ago, I started an office job and found I don't really need to carry the Leatherman everyday.

Now, I find pairing my knife with a single piece mutilitool, capable of prying and scew driving, to be a better system for my life.

CbIrqT0.jpg

tmmj3Kc.jpg

Back