Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

Anyone ever see a blacked out, Hold Out?

I've got one I made. Hopefully the image works.

9LqGMTLrJ6T4Sx5U9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9LqGMTLrJ6T4Sx5U9

That's exactly what I was planning. Ive got a bead on a black bladed brown handle hold out1... hopefully I'm not being shoveled shit

Looks like I'll be in good company if it works out
Hit me up if it doesn't work out, I've got a black bladed OD handle, we can work something out:)

Sorry the photo was cut off. It’s the Air Lite drop point.

Well crap. Now that I’ve seen this thread I’ll have to try a Cold Steel knife. Off to the mushroom closet to find something to get rid of to make room :rolleyes:

Broken Skull sanded blade, lockbar and clip. Small blade profile mod. Pink scales dyed to a dirty red...at least they aren't pink anymore!
Grik reprofiled, reground and sanded blade. HTR removed. Clip replaced. Not only is the stock clip ugly, it must be lifted when pocketing because it has almost no clearance.
KCkBwAnh.jpg

Not much of a mod but I took the coating off this Broken Skull (blade & lockbar), and etched in "CTS XHP" only.
Very happy with it now, although it still isn't quite done, still some coating to get off and need to polish it up. (I just wanted to get it back together because its one of my favorites and I missed carrying it)

EDIT: as soon as I posted this I thought, "why didn't I sand the clip?". So I took it off and sanded it. Looks much better now. New pics at the bottom

ToVXAS0.jpg
xayv0zR.jpg

I62kMZ3.jpg

cdSewFv.jpg

CWnAzxZ.jpg

s9XMjaZ.jpg

e0gESIZ.jpg

Me too me too!

62B20358-8169-4B16-ABD5-CE135DBB6B37.jpg
87EFF571-464F-4B49-A7D1-271018075D79.jpg
984636AB-22C5-44B3-AE28-318C13C9ACE4.jpg
IMG_8220.JPG
IMG_8222.JPG

I dub thee "restaurant steak knife". This is now everything I loved about the Laguiole, but with a Triad lock and CTS-XHP. Thanks to Chad for a good trade (he Rit dyed it from pink to red when he owned it).

deleted

Last edited:
Only mod I've done is to polish out the ugly model name branding Cold Steel insists on slapping on all their knives.

No more recon tanto modifications over here ?
I need some inspiration
The mod that stands out to me on the Cold Steel "American tanto" profile is to round it off. I much prefer the traditional Japanese tanto profile for its versatility and beauty. You might make it a full flat grind while you're at it. Strip the blade, too. Leather sheath would be nice.

Last edited:
Back