Let's see your Esquire

More better in sunlight ..
BlueEsquirePost-vi.jpg

BlueEsquireWire-vi.jpg

Just a very good look knife all around. Was the handle ever made longer on some?

Just a very good look knife all around. Was the handle ever made longer on some?
I don't believe so. That is, the blade pattern would be all the same and then there might be a bit of variation in blade length and blade handle for the same OAL. If you look at the 1st post in this thread in the spine picture, the 2nd from the right has a shorter handle and longer blade. The same knife is also 3/32" with a super high grind - an especially great slicer. :)

Drunken cellphone picture. View attachment 792344
That's funny!

Psst, while you're drunk. Go to the Flea Market and buy my Brisket Runt. There is a very very slight horizontal scratch on the left side of the blade, the kind that's hard to capture with the camera. Drunken special .. $30 off the listed price. :D

Its a cool Runt. The taper makes it look symmetrical from up above.

That's funny!

Psst, while you're drunk. Go to the Flea Market and buy my Brisket Runt. There is a very very slight horizontal scratch on the left side of the blade, the kind that's hard to capture with the camera. Drunken special .. $30 off the listed price. :D

I just picked up Runt yesterday to replace the stolen one. They took the knife but left the ISP Joufuu sheath on my desk. Go figure?

That's funny!

Your inbox is full, pm me when you can.

The sunlight in this pic really seems to bring out the scratches on the osage Esquire.:( Normally they are very hard to see even if you're looking for them.
Yep, sunlight tells on steel pretty quickly. It's why I like doing chopping and other impact tests on knives on sunny days. The sun will highlight any flat spots in the edge really quickly even when they would be damned hard to spot with the naked eye otherwise. The sun will make them stand out and look worse than they really are.

Back