Let's see your GEC #23's, 73's, 83's and 72's

DEPxFRw.jpg

The pattern production finale knives were the end of the run in 2007. They made at least some small runs, some much larger, every year since then up through 2015. I feel confident that they will make them again, but who knows when?

The pattern production finale knives were the end of the run in 2007. They made at least some small runs, some much larger, every year since then up through 2015. I feel confident that they will make them again, but who knows when?
No wonder I hadn't heard of any finale. :D

I don't have a #73 PPF, but do have this #53 in Sandbar Acrylic, also from 2007. The PPF etch is on the pile side master clip blade.
Sorry for my reflection on the bolster, this was hastily snapped just now for an example.

5Ya1kjC.jpg
Do you think it was an advertisement technique, kinda like "Test Run", "Pilot Run", or "Salesman Sample"???

OK, thanks for the update, I did not realize the finale was from 2007.

zxiduw5.png

GEC did a run of 73s as least as late as 2011. I’m hopeful they will do another run. I’d really like to get my hands on one. 3-3/4” is the perfect size, and I love drop points.

Do you think it was an advertisement technique, kinda like "Test Run", "Pilot Run", or "Salesman Sample"???

John, I'm sorry I missed this earlier. Your supposition sounds plausible to me. Maybe Bill just likes etches! Charlie could probably tell us.

Back