Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Gary Cunningham caper (6 3/8") in 440C with black linen Micarta handle, red liners, and copper pins:

Cm2TXGL.jpg

93Jlv48.jpg

- Stuart

As long as you don't compare it to Dave's beautiful expertly skilled work, I'd say it's not bad.
Simple in looks, but functional with it's imperfections.

This was mostly just some practice with my new cheap 1x30 belt sander, but also an experiment.
I had a worn out Nicholson Mexico file and I wanted to see if it could make a suitable knife.
The tang quenched hard enough to snap which was a good sign, and I believe I was right because it responded well to my diamond stones.

I think it's a keeper, it just needs a sheath.

I remember those bad boys from the hilarious George Leonard Herter catalogs and absurd little books that he penned. Herters was big in 1963. I ordered a number of things from that mailorder house back in the day. Someone owns the name now but nothing in common with the old institution.

Here's a good old fixed blade.
Bearing in mind the "Q" doesn't stand for quartermaster, these were not wired to pallets by their handles, they were not meant for tearing up wooden crates, and somebody here has a picture of one on a paratrooper's hip. (Just thought I'd try to get that all out of the way.)
XWsJOX0.jpg

The Nighthawk sheath is perfect for it. Unfortunately my Nighthawk is stuck with that grizzly great molle plastron sheath.

Here's a good old fixed blade.
Bearing in mind the "Q" doesn't stand for quartermaster, these were not wired to pallets by their handles, they were not meant for tearing up wooden crates, and somebody here has a picture of one on a paratrooper's hip. (Just thought I'd try to get that all out of the way.)
XWsJOX0.jpg

The Nighthawk sheath is perfect for it. Unfortunately my Nighthawk is stuck with that grizzly great molle plastron sheath.

I love those Catt "Q" knives. Built like a tank!

Back