Frosts Laminated in Bushgear leather sheath
wDOZVPT.jpg

Frosts #1 with dragon in Unica sheath
Qy5lamL.jpg

1950s as new Frosts #1 from military med kit, Unica sheath
Yy2qWpX.jpg

1950s Carl Anderson #1 Civil Defense issue
EEs6cvw.jpg

I have gone back and forth on that model. I have a couple of Garbergs, and I keep thinking that the Bushcraft Black is so similar in blade profile that I am not missing anything.

I have another Mora with that handle type, but with the 2000 blade.

I really like how the cutting edge goes all the way to the handle, unlike the Garberg.

I am not sold on the Eldris concept. It is a neat idea, and most of the time, you don't need more than a 2" blade. However, I think the standard 3-3/4" Mora is a better all-around design that is still compact and light to wear around your neck or slip into your pocket.
It’s very non-knife people friendly at least.

Not the best cake slicer though.

How do you like it?
After the sharpening I like it a lot. Not so surprisingly a very no-nonsense knife with fantastic ergos and should be very durable too (my cousin recently sent video hammering worker hultafors to the handle to pry off toilet from the floor). The rubber handle is a bit tacky for my taste but because of that super grippy.

Last edited:
After the sharpening I like it a lot. Not so surprisingly a very no-nonsense knife with fantastic ergos and should be very durable too (my cousin recently sent video hammering worker hultafors to the handle to pry off toilet from the floor). The runber handle is a bit tacky for my taste but because of that super grippy.
Would that be the GK model (your cousin's)? I think these are made of Japanese SK-5, good stuff.

I have gone back and forth on that model. I have a couple of Garbergs, and I keep thinking that the Bushcraft Black is so similar in blade profile that I am not missing anything.

I have another Mora with that handle type, but with the 2000 blade.

I really like how the cutting edge goes all the way to the handle, unlike the Garberg.

You should try the 711. Most comfortable handle of all Mora's. Edge also goes back to the handle.

Back