Let's show some love for the classic yet often over looked Christy knife

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel As I said above I ordered one and it's everything that was said about it. Unobtrusive, extremely well made, packaged well with an insert describing the company and its history and as sharp as anything I've ever handled. It turns a sheet of paper into a feather. It will stay on my keychain for the foreseeable future.
One last comment on my complaint about the shipping cost. On the website it says shipping cost, but when you receive the package it says it's for "handling and shipping." Being a small, old school operation that was the way things were done. Fair enough, I stand corrected, especially for a well made piece of steel that has proven itself and will continue to do so.20190115_204139-768x884.jpg

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel As I said above I ordered one and it's everything that was said about it. Unobtrusive, extremely well made, packaged well with an insert describing the company and its history and as sharp as anything I've ever handled. It turns a sheet of paper into a feather. It will stay on my keychain for the foreseeable future.
One last comment on my complaint about the shipping cost. On the website it says shipping cost, but when you receive the package it says it's for "handling and shipping." Being a small, old school operation that was the way things were done. Fair enough, I stand corrected, especially for a well made piece of steel that has proven itself and will continue to do so.View attachment 1055053
Glad you like your new knife, I'm sure liking mine.
I don't personally do knows on keychains, but as I understand these were once a popular chioce for a keychain knife and I can see why.

I 'd love to order some replacement blades but I live in Norway and they don't ship overseas..

Can anyone help get hold of some?

I'll off course pay for the whole ordeal, I'll even ship you some Norwegian chocolate as a bonus! :cool:

Contact me on PM

Last edited:
I think these are really cool knives, but I have a hard time swappin out my victorinox classic on my keychain. I just cant see why I should. And the price is a bit high...

I'm back and forth on these. I keep wanting one but keep waffling on the price.
I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

I'm back and forth on these. I keep wanting one but keep waffling on the price.
I'm sure I'll get one eventually.
Unique construction and nearly silent totally discreet one hand operation. About the price of a similar sized current production American made pen knife or peanut. Gotta love 'em!

Unique construction and nearly silent totally discreet one hand operation. About the price of a similar sized current production American made pen knife or peanut. Gotta love 'em!

I can't really get open one handed very easily, but otherwise you pretty much said it all.

It's probably the sliciest knife ever.

I can't really get open one handed very easily, but otherwise you pretty much said it all.

It's probably the sliciest knife ever.

I find that slipping my pinky finger into the key ring helps me a lot. I have changed out the ring to a somewhat larger diameter one to have room for my finger and my keys.
It is a heck of a cutter and slicer!

Never heard of Christy Knives but I love the history and authenticity. So I want to say THANK YOU for turning me on to these. Just when I thought there was nothing interesting left to accumulate...
I'll likely order one today, a special treat for myself. :)

Never heard of Christy Knives but I love the history and authenticity. So I want to say THANK YOU for turning me on to these. Just when I thought there was nothing interesting left to accumulate...
I'll likely order one today, a special treat for myself. :)
You're welcome.

A treat it'll be, they cut like a dream.

Mine arrived yesterday. I love it, and it's going into the collection.
They are no-frills with the packaging - it comes in a zip lock with an information card and split ring.

Regarding the shipping price, since it was brought up: They mail it in a flat-rate envelope, no padding, 3-day Priority Mail. The USPS charges over $7 for this service, a ridiculous price but not the fault of Christy Knives.

They are no-frills with the packaging - it comes in a zip lock with an information card and split ring.

Regarding the shipping price, since it was brought up: They mail it in a flat-rate envelope, no padding, 3-day Priority Mail. The USPS charges over $7 for this service, a ridiculous price but not the fault of Christy Knives.
Good to know about the shipping.

Yeah they're no frills about the packaging, but I like it that was for this knife because it helps keep the cost down.

Put it on your keys and carry it for a bit. They hold up very well to key ring carry, always handy when needed.

After seeing these in another thread I came here and just sprung for two. This is everything BF should encourage and promote- All-American made by a family business in for 80+ years, available to even a budget buyer, functional and sharp. I would have paid $20 for the shipping based on those things alone.

After seeing these in another thread I came here and just sprung for two. This is everything BF should encourage and promote- All-American made by a family business in for 80+ years, available to even a budget buyer, functional and sharp. I would have paid $20 for the shipping based on those things alone.

Glad my thread and link to it pointed you in the right direction.
So did you get the standard companion or one of the other finishes like the black nickel executive model ?

I looked on the "main auction site" and saw some really nice old ones with gold and engraving and a bunch of antique ones too- for what I'd consider serious money. One was dated 1937. Neat to see that I thought.

Back