Lets talk GEC!

You are correct -- the "Toothpick" has one blade:

nKBjKi6.jpg

And the "Powderhorn" has two:

Ua4uZfL.jpg
My understanding as well. 😊
I haven't given the 12s nearly enough love - I probably should remedy that at some point.

EsKlM34.jpg
That Aqua is fantastic Dylan. 😎👍

I was tempted a few times by those Rosewood #12’s when they were just sitting on dealer’s shelves there for a while, but I never pulled the trigger.

The #12 is an interesting pattern and one either loves it or hates it. I don't have many examples of Toothpicks outside of GEC-made ones but my perception is that they run either really small or rather large (5+ inches closed), depending on the maker. The 12s run in between and it is kind of one of those deals where I wonder if the mark was missed by trying to make it more pocket friendly. I can see a large toothpick being very useful when fishing, birding, and/or varmint hunting, as well as simple everyday cutting tasks. I don't find much use for the tiny toothpicks and the middle-of-the-road GECs are probably a happy compromise despite perhaps not being as efficient in some things as the larger versions.

GEC did a great job downsizing the large coke bottle to make it more manageable, I think. I need more experience before I can make the same assessment of their version of the toothpick.

What are the chances of finding a GEC in person at the SMKW store? I have family staying nearby and I’m sure they’ll visit the store but not sure if they could find me a GEC while they’re in there.

What are the chances of finding a GEC in person at the SMKW store? I have family staying nearby and I’m sure they’ll visit the store but not sure if they could find me a GEC while they’re in there.
Maybe try to call but their website shows 0 GECs in stock.

If they never look , they absolutely will not find one . In 2019 and 2020 , we were in there and found some both times . Not many either time , but some .

Harry

Back