Lets talk GEC!

They should of just gone all out and added partial serrations and a glass breaker :eek:

35-Calf-Pen-2.jpg
That one arm looks ripe for a modding to a clip, so long as it has a nick on the other side.

Has gec ran stag as a handle option for every run they have done? Minus F&F knives and the like. I haven't been around since the beginning, so I'm curious.

Not every run, but I would say the vast majority of them have had a stag option.
For example, if I remember correctly the latest run of 74s(clip) didn't have a stag option because of a shortage.
They ended up doing a "cougar claw" jogging that, in my opinion, slightly resembled stag. Whether or not they did that because of the shortage I couldn't tell you.

Has anyone saved the shots of the GEC knives being made? The history being documented there with each knife is awesome to watch. It would be neat if anyone had saved the shots for a complete album one day.

A little off topic perhaps but can someone help refresh my memory? I know TIW stands for either "Tidioute Iron Works" or "Titusville Iron Works".

Which one is it?

Thanks.

I enjoy the production of these almost more than the knives themselves. A collection of production shots with the numbers would make an interesting book if you added in the culture surrounding the folks who buy them

Any word on when Charlie will do his Tom's Choice SFO Barlow?

Isn't the idea that they're going to run them around the same time? Two full SFO runs, so 1000 TCs.

We're about due for another run of 92's, no?

Absolutely. My vote would be for Eurekas, but Talons are great as well.

The Northfield 66s are looking rather peach seed-ish. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMG_0281.jpg

Yeah, it definitely seems like that's the way it's going. I imagine there will be a few SFOs attached to the 35. Honestly, they could do one in Golden Fleece micarta, and I still don't think I would be particularly interested.

So the Northfield 66 bone looks like peach seed and is called "Hemlock Green". Sounds like a winner to me.

Back