Lets talk GEC!

I certainly don't know better than any of the above quoted members, but I did ask Chris about short runs earlier this year and she said any surprise short runs from then until the Rendezvous would be saved for the Rendezvous. I think they're trying to have more short runs available at the Rendezvous this year because of the increase in attendance etc. at the Rendezvous.

I've had a fish knife or two and they're cool. I'm hoping the K41 comes with a kydex sheath. That looks like an incredible outdoors fixed blade.

I've heard some cool and exciting news about the Rendezvous parts knives that I can't share but it sounds like they're gonna be pretty sought after and unique.

Typically really short run Rendezvous knives don't show up on "What's Happening" this early in the year - but who knows.

It would surprise me if the kitchen knife K41 comes in kydex - but again, who knows.

Typically really short run Rendezvous knives don't show up on "What's Happening" this early in the year - but who knows.

It would surprise me if the kitchen knife K41 comes in kydex - but again, who knows.

I thought it was another fish knife, but that makes sense. If so I'll just have someone make a sheath for me. Looks like a great outdoors knife.

I certainly don't know better than any of the above quoted members, but I did ask Chris about short runs earlier this year and she said any surprise short runs from then until the Rendezvous would be saved for the Rendezvous. I think they're trying to have more short runs available at the Rendezvous this year because of the increase in attendance etc. at the Rendezvous.

I've had a fish knife or two and they're cool. I'm hoping the K41 comes with a kydex sheath. That looks like an incredible outdoors fixed blade.

I've heard some cool and exciting news about the Rendezvous parts knives that I can't share but it sounds like they're gonna be pretty sought after and unique.
I heard the same exciting news! I wish I could share it, but I can’t. :(

I've never been to the Rendezvous, but from what I have heard, there is an issue with some people at the front of the line buying multiples of knives and then flipping them.

It would be cool if GEC did not allow that (if it actually occurs, as I said, my knowledge of this is all second hand, at least)

I have watched people skirt the rules to buy multiples. I have watched people attempt to cut line once in the store room. Actually I've seen the same person do both. Put a sour taste in my mouth.

I go and wait outside, as ridiculous as it is, and really really want the Rendezvous Special and parts knives but it seems out of the spirit of the event (and the porch) to do the sort of things described in the previous paragraph.

Looks like the Pruner, Fish Knife, Hoof Pick, H10, and a handful of kitchenware are being made as "idle time" knives while "just in time" components were late. Blade Show or Rendezvous fodder seems like the best guess, but we will see....

Don't forget about the forks..

You can't be a real GEC collector without a GEC fork :p.

I'm probably passing on the fork and holding out for an SFO spork. That's what we need Mike, a Collectorknives GEC SFO spork please.

IMG_8032.jpg

They have this picture marked as "fish knife" so maybe they're using the K41 pattern but doing them like a fishing knife? IDK but I hope so.

jFNMJz4l.jpg

You can't be a real GEC collector without a GEC fork :p.

I'm probably passing on the fork and holding out for an SFO spork. That's what we need Mike, a Collectorknives GEC SFO spork please.

IMG_8032.jpg

Gotta have a burlap micarta fork for sure.

I file that under kitchenware - but I think that picture is about 16 days too late...

They have this picture marked as "fish knife" so maybe they're using the K41 pattern but doing them like a fishing knife? IDK but I hope so.

Maybe, but not really like Bill to leave a (K)itchen stamp on a fish knife - but stranger things have happened.

I heard the same exciting news! I wish I could share it, but I can’t. :(
Sour grapes on my part, but if you feel you can’t share the information why share the fact that you have the information in the first place.

I've never been to the Rendezvous, but from what I have heard, there is an issue with some people at the front of the line buying multiples of knives and then flipping them.

It would be cool if GEC did not allow that (if it actually occurs, as I said, my knowledge of this is all second hand, at least)
From what I have seen , GEC has taken some steps to reduce some of that .

Harry

Chris said the rules were changing this year to better ensure only one rendezvous knife per household.

Instances of greed remind me of Cousin Eddie in the movie "Christmas Vacation" when he loads his plate up during the pass around with total disregard as to leaving some food for the next person in line...…. I do believe that Hosts of an event, being either online or in person, take on a responsibility to ensure fairness to ALL participants...…. To do otherwise reflects poorly on the hosts "hosting" skills....

Sour grapes on my part, but if you feel you can’t share the information why share the fact that you have the information in the first place.

I definitely understand where you're coming from and always question whether I should post such things, but I assure you it comes from a good place of excitement.

Last year it was one Rendezvous knife per person - PERIOD!!
And Specials are limited as well.

Yep! I was fine with it, but I think some people were sad to not be able to get more than one parts knife. There were some real winners in the parts knife selection last year! Not to mention your smooth white bone Ancient!

Chris said the rules were changing this year to better ensure only one rendezvous knife per household.

Sent you a pm

I definitely understand where you're coming from and always question whether I should post such things, but I assure you it comes from a good place of excitement.
Fair enough. I remember a similar situation last year though and someone ended up spilling the beans anyway, so you might as well just come out with it now.

General question for everyone: do they end up opening it up to purchase more knives later each day or later in the weekend? I know they hold back from putting everything out so there are knives available each day.

Back