Let's talk Northwoods

kJSfcRr.jpg

This guy showed up today! My first Northwoods. I'm really liking it! I am curious though. How many of you all carry these knives vs safe queen them? I'm not sure if I should make this guy a user or not.
View attachment 2476928
I'll say it again:

I've never encountered a knife that was too good to use, but I've encountered a few that were too good not to!

To me, that one looks too good not to!

I have a couple Northwoods with the brushed bolsters like the Hawthorne above. They mark up easily, but are nice on the eyes. The denim micarta feels super comfy in the hand. I recommend using a Northwoods in this handle material!

Just wondering if anyone might have any new Northwoods info. If memory serves, the last drop was months ago back in September. Thanks!

Northwoods!! SFO GECs!! Great knives by a great maker!!
I haven't carried this knife for a while!! Time to sharpen it up, and pocket it!! A worthy companion - a wonderful knife!!!Willamette Stag 1.jpg
The Willamette Whittler!! (pronounced will-AM-it)!!

Some very nice tooth on that one, Charlie. I don't blame you one bit for safe-queening that one.

While Northwoods is on page One, I thought I'd post another one!!
One of my favorite Safe Queens, the Indian River Jack!!View attachment 2542646View attachment 2542645
Wow -- that is an absolute beauty, Charlie! 😍

Here are a few more. Top one is an ebony IRJ from the original 2007 run; followed by three from 2015: amber carved stag bone, ram horn, yellow camel bone; and, lastly, red camel bone from 2020...

dDsWUlK.jpg

Last edited:
Wow -- that is an absolute beauty, Charlie! 😍

Here are a few more. Top one is an ebony IRJ from the original 2007 run; followed by three from 2015: amber carved stag bone, ram horn, yellow camel bone; and, lastly, red camel bone from 2020...
Nice gathering of NWs!!!

Back