Libations worthy of the Hinderer Herd....

Goes without saying but, Be cool.
If Pics - include a Hinderer item of interest.
Recipes, Suggestions, Original creations, Beers, Bourbons, Vodkas, Favs' of the Ladies, Ports, Cigars .....

Lets "Share" that which is worthy of sharing - IF you enjoyed it then there is a distinct possibility a Herd Member may as well.

I will start by "suggesting" those who like an occassional Bourbon - put it in the Freezer for an interesting flavor experience.

Those who enjoy a good Cigar, couple it with a nice glass (snifter) of Port and "dip" the end in the port for a sweet treat.
Also, IF your cigar becomes harsh..... Tamp the ash OFF and take your lighter and while lighting (re-Lighting) BLOW outward
creating a torch-like flame off the end of the cigar, Blow gently/steadily until the torch extinguishes by itself and then light your cigar normally and see IF it isn't the smoothest it has ever been (harshness, biteness is GONE)
Try it and report back.

Pitchers of Beer this time of year at picnics etc. - Put a glass of ICE down in the middle of the pitcher and enjoy a COLD refreshing pitcher of Beer - Sans any melted ice water in your beer.

Every Vodka drinker knows about Grey Goose or Kettle But, have you tried Tito's ?
Port - I like Sandeman Founders Reserve
Bourbon- Yes, from Kentucky But, Canada makes a blended (Crown Royal) smooth and refined as well.
Lagers - Local Favorite is Yuengling (give it a try) "Oldest Brewery in America"
Dang! What have I been doing with my free time .........:D

Last edited:
Abita purple haze...great beer for the ladies and gents alike. Try it!! Also dogfish head 60 and 90 min ipa, in full bloom, and nothing beats homegrown brews! :)

Dude I live in Portland!!!! This is artisan beer heaven....

Padron Londres Maduro... one of my staple stogies. Let 'em age to perfection and they get very smooth and creamy. Smoke 'em right away if you like 'em stout! Either way... smoke 'em!!!! :)

N2K- love that woodford. Gave a friend a bottle i brought over here. Gotta love overseas cost $100+ over here for woodford :barf: duty free is my lover

I bought a bottle on N2K's recommendation and enjoyed it tremendously :) I had been a Knob Creek/Makers Mark fan as well, ALL three are great tasting and high quality.
I used to be a scotch drinker until I discovered bourbons.

My "treat" Bourbon is Blanton's ;)

Here's my stab at it, not into cigars quite yet, theres some ive smelt people smoking that i would have loved to try but ive never asked what they were. I'm Sure ill pick up on it at some point......Vodka on the other hand, I like me some Goose. So far i havnt had any others that top it but i am open to suggestions!! heres a couple pics of dinner tonight, actually used the xm-24 to cut the loaf, did a darn good job too!!

I have consumed enough Goose to... You get the idea. Give 3-Olive a try, it's alright.

I'm a Bourbon and Beer guy in that order.

Quick note on Woodford...I discovered it years before the Derby connection and mass commercialization. Those things had me almost leave the stuff alone, but the flavors didn't change so I stick with it. I do drink many other things but always on hand are Woodford and Patron silver.

Ok please excuse the shameless re posting, but this is the place for this question....

I just started drinking whisky ( been doing a low carb diet, trying to keep the weight off)...... Makers mark to start......then the other day a bartender gave me a glass of "Douglas of Drumlanrig"... WOW! Now that's a smooth substance!(didn't even need ice!) So I'm slowly learning about whisky, and whiskey..... So far what I know is that the Makers Mark is best after its met an ice cube for about two minutes, with plenty of sniffing before hand.. And I can only imagine what a bottle of the Drum costs.... Thought you guys could shed some light? What's a good starting point for scotch, or whiskey, or whisky, or even bourbon ....I'm looking for more of a smooth mellow starting point, trying to kick my beer habit. I really do like the experience of the flavor changing over 30-40 minutes, that's pretty cool!

How about a fine belt and wallet. Always believed in a good wallet and belt :)

20130609_152141_LLS_zps4daf8f0a.jpg

20130609_151216_zps9b1533db.jpg

I must say that food made me starving! Sorry for being off topic a bit, let me go grab my bottle of Louis XIII. :) .........

Juuust kiddin. Have known to enjoy a greygoose on the rocks or with OJ. belvedere is great too...super smooooth.

Here's my stab at it, not into cigars quite yet, theres some ive smelt people smoking that i would have loved to try but ive never asked what they were. I'm Sure ill pick up on it at some point......Vodka on the other hand, I like me some Goose. So far i havnt had any others that top it but i am open to suggestions!!

I too enjoyed Grey Goose but find I request Kettle One when out and about and ordering a martini, give it a try if you haven't. There are others too.

Can't go wrong with Grey Goose or Kettle One. Almost always available, when you get into the odd/eclectic picks is when it's a toss up.
The Tito's I mentioned is from Texas (I believe) well priced and has a flavor all its own.
Believe it or not some "Cheap" vodkas are quite good and if mixed with anything are the way to go anyway. Nothing irritates me more than to see someone crack open a bottle of Goose or Kettle and mix it with O.J. or something equally obliterating - what a waste.
Anyway, Good/Cheap Vodka
- Tito's
- Smirnoff
- Pearl
- Svedka
I will vouch for ALL of the above, a Fraction of the price of the "Good Stuff" and I would say...... would probably pass a double blind taste taste and surprise many.

Ill have to try kettle one, havnt had that one yet. I enjoy the smoothness of grey goose. To rubi, sad to say sometimes I mix it lol. Not all the time though, most the time ill just add a splash of some sort of juice or something to give it some flavor. If I want to get wasted I like to mix it with Mountain Dew lol. Gues that's my age showing there :)

Ill have to try kettle one, havnt had that one yet. I enjoy the smoothness of grey goose. To rubi, sad to say sometimes I mix it lol. Not all the time though, most the time ill just add a splash of some sort of juice or something to give it some flavor. If I want to get wasted I like to mix it with Mountain Dew lol. Gues that's my age showing there :)

It's all good, advantages of living Free:) My advice however is, Save your $$$. When "mixing" DO NOT waste the $$ on the good stuff.
Use Smirnoff, Gilbeys, or one of the ones I mention above - you will give up nothing and save quite a bit.
When drinking a Dry Martini (very little vermouth or none at all) Goose/Kettle/Absolut or the like is pure heaven.
Now look who's showing their age ;)

Yep, Kettle One is good stuff.

Truth be told most my drinking is social, I don't imbibe alone or without cause/reason. Occasionally a premium cigar is enjoyed as well. I'm not a smoker so...

But my earlier posts tell of my choice beverages and my beer preferences are either what "everyone else at the table / event" is consuming or I default to Newcastle and sometimes a Red Stripe. Sam Adams and variety of others get ordered when my defaults are not available.

Back