Lighter AD10

You
It rides in my handlebar bag on my bike it's great for that purpose. I can always find a use for knife my XM rides in the Jep because it doesn't cut well, the relief cut tears up my pants, and it's another brick but works great at the camp site and digs well.

I may try the ultimate hunter and if I don't like it I can probably just throw it in the toolbox but I really want a comfortable reasonable light weight triad knife because frame locks are boring.

You ll like the Ultimate Hunter. Doubtful you ll need a knife stronger than that one.

The AD10 already has aluminum liners. I think taking material out won't net you much. Most of the mass is in the blade and lock bar. If they slimmed it down it would make a big difference, but IMO it wouldn't be an AD10 then. They should have left them hollow ground as well. I find the combination of heft and the hollow grind strikes a perfect balance of hard use and slicing ability. Really glad I snagged mine for cheap! Not to say the flat ground model isn't worth it, but the hollow grind definitetly makes the knife more compelling!

And I used to think the AD10 was a heavy knife. After getting and carrying a 4max Scout, the AD10 is a lightweight by comparison! Love them both though, but actually carry and use the 4max more. Just something about that huge chunk of a knife.

I know what you mean as I really like the 4Max Scout also as it has a little more handle length to it. The AD10 is a great knife though and mine operates as slick as snot. I wouldn't give up either and I'm going to order another 4Max I believe at their awesome price right now. I bet a big knife like the 4max Scout is going to go up in price also when the dust settles, same with the AD10. Maybe they will come out with the AD10 light like the others.

I know what you mean as I really like the 4Max Scout also as it has a little more handle length to it. The AD10 is a great knife though and mine operates as slick as snot. I wouldn't give up either and I'm going to order another 4Max I believe at their awesome price right now. I bet a big knife like the 4max Scout is going to go up in price also when the dust settles, same with the AD10. Maybe they will come out with the AD10 light like the others.

I got my 2nd 4max Scout as soon as I read the news that cold steel had been sold. At $80 its a no brainer! I'll probably never need the backup, but I have it just in case!

I was going to order one and caved and grabbed an SR1 clip point I wanted to try out, still waiting for its arrival. I'm still going to snag another 4Max Scout though eventually as they are awesome knives. Sorry Op if I got off track some.

Back