Lightest full size multi tool?

The Wingman is a nice entry level Weekend Warrior tool. I like mine. I got one for Christmas a few years ago, and the package opener made quick work of the clamshell packaging my daughter's toys came in.

If you like the WM, check out the Rebar as a more dedicated work tool. It doesn't have the one hand opening but it's a bit more robust. I think most people would top out at the Rebar in terms of hard use:value. For about $55 you get a lot of tool. Even though I carry one of the larger tools often, they are rather niche.

Yes so far its a nice choice. Used it a few times, mainly the knife blade. Took it on our trip and never need to take it out, DANG!
The nylon pouch is irritating as it rubs my small love handle but all in all i like having it.
Will give it the pocket clip carry test tonight.

IMO, the Sog Paratool is one of the lightest, most compact "full size" multitools I've owned. However, it's not my favorite to use, but I sometimes toss it in my travel bag.

For most MT needs, I use a LM Juice S2 (even though I have a Vic Spirit, LM Charge, Skeletool, etc.). My favorite full size MT so far is the Swisstool Spirit (specifically if I need larger pliers than on my Juice). If you don't need pliers (or can get away with Squirt size pliers on a keyring) and if you're not doing prolonged work with the screwdrivers, the Vic OHT makes a decent dedicated knife with emergency tools. However, the blade often has a little vertical play and the "lock" works backwards.

Since I always carry a knife, any suggestion for a light multitool that forgoes the blade(s)? I suspect no tool does.

Since I always carry a knife, any suggestion for a light multitool that forgoes the blade(s)? I suspect no tool does.

Knifeless LM Rebar?
pdp_klrebar_1.png

Here's a few more on Leatherman's website: https://www.leatherman.com/knifeless

SOG is more customizable than the others, so if you want to forego a blade, but want lots of tools and big pliers then its an option. For me though, I think the rebar pliers are about the same (gearing means the SOG is not as wide as it would be, cost/benefit) But I think the replaceable cutters in the Rebar make it a better choice for most. Though I will say my SOG with a Robbie #2 was killer when I was working stage in Canada. Replaceable blades also made taking some to the grinder to customize them a little more palatable.

I realize that this is kind of late but my favorite full size leatherman is the kick. You can still find them used pretty easy. It is the same size as a rebar but without as many tools and much lighter. I just weighed mine at 5.3 oz. Folks didn't like the nylon inserts but they make them the most comfortable pliers to handle of all the mt's of that style. I carry mine in my back pocket almost everyday. I wish that they hadn't discontinued them.

Back