LionSteel-made knives you currently own

I really wish they would offer them with a lock...

hi Lionsteel enthusiasts. I have a question- I'm a big fan of the CK Lionsteel (& Viper for that matter) hybrids and own quite a few of them. My recently bought copper Roundhead shipped with an apparently uneven surface treatment on the copper. I assumed the covers were naked so to speak, but the surface quickly - 1rst day of very lite handling only- broke down on one side and not the other, please see pics. I made a point to touch both sides equally and after a week or so the pile side surface is now almost completely 'off'. Does anyone have a similar issue or know anything about it? thanks, Laurel

Attachments

• IMG_4999.jpg
    IMG_4999.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4998.jpg
    IMG_4998.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 30
hi Lionsteel enthusiasts. I have a question- I'm a big fan of the CK Lionsteel (& Viper for that matter) hybrids and own quite a few of them. My recently bought copper Roundhead shipped with an apparently uneven surface treatment on the copper. I assumed the covers were naked so to speak, but the surface quickly - 1rst day of very lite handling only- broke down on one side and not the other, please see pics. I made a point to touch both sides equally and after a week or so the pile side surface is now almost completely 'off'. Does anyone have a similar issue or know anything about it? thanks, Laurel

I’m assuming these scales were from CK? Have you contacted them about the issue? If it’s from CK, they offer a 14 day satisfaction grace period. I’ve used that once myself, and they were very helpful and quick to resolve the issue.

That doesn’t like a normal “patina” forming on there so quickly and that uneven. Let us know what happens.

I’m wondering if you used some metal polish on them to get both sides clean again, if a proper patina would then form. Maybe there’s some type of leftover coating or whatever from manufacturing in the one side.

Being in the UK I’ve got a thing for the Barlows so here goes:
Barlow Stag Dom
Barlow Rams Horn shuffler
Barlow Ebony Dom
Barlow Micarta Roundhead
Barlow White Carbon Fibre Dom
Barlow Walnut Dom
Barlow Random Carbon Fibre Dom
Barlow Slim Micarta Shuffler
Barlow Slin Titanium Dom
Thrill Green
Gitano Green Micarta Shuffler
Bolus Micarta Shuffler
SR2 Black

Did you ever figure this out?

51166290590_aabd137310_b.jpg

51163511888_6fc19b73ef_b.jpg

What's the one on top with the natural micarta scales? Thanks.
That is the M4 (M390 blade). I have two: Black G10 and the one above, Natural Canvas Micarta. Perfect fixed blade that comes with a great Italian-made sheath (below).

51165425203_cedd828cc4_b.jpg

Black G10 M4:
49554746497_7f1d2d305b_b.jpg

And a Black G10 M1:
49566902462_32642e5f93_b.jpg

Thank you! BTW, I agree with you regarding their leather sheaths - they're some of the best in the business. (And I happen to know a little bit about leather)

Did you ever figure this out?
yes, the copper ones come with a surface treatment that wears off with touch. mine apparently had a flawed treatment and wore unevenly. i passed along the knife to a happy receiver, and bought a titanium one in it's place.

Back