List your top 5 folders of 2011

1- sage 3
2- Spyderco Military
3- Boker subcom titan
4- Strider Sng
5- Para-MIlitary cts-20cp

A month and 9 days later, from my original post, I have to add a new folder, but I can't take away any from my original list. So mine will be my 7 favorite folders..............with more to come I'm sure.

7. Spyderco 92mm Citadel- Great auto with excellent spring and razor sharp S30V blade.

Last edited:
1. Zero Tolerance ZT0350
2. Spyderco Para Military 2
3. Doug Ritter RSK MK1 Benchmade Griptilian
4. Benchmade 950 Rift
5. Spyderco Gayle Bradley

Those are my five most carried of 2011.

Good thread, made me realize this has been quite a year, as I only started collecting late last year. So here is my year end review.

Here is what I had at the beginning of the year. I received the Gerber for Christmas, but still only carried the 2 Spydercos that I have had for some time now.
knives1-19-11.jpg

By the end of March, I had a few more in my collection. The Benchmade Grips, Spyderco Manix 2s, ZT 0350, and eventually my first XM-18 saw the most pocket time. Ignore the fixed blades, they just finally made it in a picture.
family3-27.jpg

And current, sort of, except for one of the stonewashed spanto XM-18s was traded for a Gen 4 production slicer. The XM-18s get carried the most. The 1918 trench knife is a family heirloom, not new.
collection11-15-11.jpg

zt 0300- amazing truly awesome for the price i paid

gerber dmf- was bought by mistake and i can't send it back its action is too smooth with a decent practicallity

cold steel ak-47- lock up is unreal, its like having a folding fixed blade in your pants

sog Trident- i don't know what is with this knife i don't like the looks or the blade but for some reason i always have it with me ? lol

strider smf- do i need to say more?

updated list-
-Chris Reeve Small Insingo
-Spyderco Paramilitary 2
-Kershaw Skyline
-Spyderco Dragonfly 2
-Strider SnG

BikerTrash- SIX XM-18's?! damn, you have no idea how jealous I am haha. Haven't even been able to score my first yet. One hell of a group you've managed to get in under two years.

Here are the only folders that I have left and a guess to how often I carry them as my edc.

Kershaw - Ram 65% of the time
waved Spyderco Delica 25% of the time
Kershaw Leek S30V 5% of the time
Spyderco C88 Salt 3% of the time
SOG Blink 1% of the time
Byrd Meadowlark 1% of the time

Just got a Spyderco Moonglow manix 2 a couple of weeks ago and have yet to carry it. It may make it into rotation but they way things are going it may also have to be sold to help pay for other knives.

Edited because I forgot about my Spyderco Ladybug. Never carried it though.

LOL, love the comments! Yes, I am a Hinderer addict. You think my collection is big, you should see some of the others with as many or more customs than I do productions! :eek:
Notice I don't have any Striders or CRKs, because I keep finding Hinderers! Not only are the ergos perfect for me, the customer service and people behind the knives are top notch! :thumbup:

My short list-
Kershaw leek- most comfortable, and as capable as I generally need. probably 70% of EDC
Sog sogzilla- cheap and more robust vs the kershaw. Unbelievable performance for the <$15 I paid! ~25%
Sypderco rescue- generally only goes with me if I think I'll have cord/webbing cutting tasks ~1%
SAK- unkown wenger model- slim and has all the gadgets I normally might want <5%

Leatherman wave- pretty much always in the car (edcc?) so honorable mention

Spyderco Para-Military 2 - Black Blade
Zero Tolerance 0550
Spyderco Native 5
Benchmade 558
Benchmade 520 LE CPM-M4 steel

Knew it would happen, told you it would happen.

Got to add the two I just got for Christmas;

8- John W Smith SD-3 lightning strike cf grips

9- BM 275 Adamas, even if it does have a combo blade

ui2ik9fc78ec733viewattth13476f10b35.jpg
[/IMG]

Top 5 for me are my Spyderco Paramilitary 2, Spyderco Military, Benchmade Vex, a Case Slimline Trapper and my new Sebenza.

Back