Little SAK's and old school tech.

Having used the mini Channel locks and small regular pliers for a few decades now, I don't really need a locking feature. But since I have had such great luck with Channel locks, what justifies the higher price of the Knipex?

In all honesty I think the knipex pliers feel better in hand, and there isn't as much slop in the jaws. I own some larger channel locks and they're fine tools, but if I had a pair of large knipex sitting next to them I'd pick up the knipex every time. If you have a good pair of channel locks there's no need to replace them, but if you need a new pair of pliers then I'd say knipex warrants your consideration.

The pliers make for a dandy bottle opener as well. That is if you don't have anything else. Or don't feel like opening the sak

Serious question: Can it replace the corkscrew? Wouldn't you need a corkscrew to get the cork far enough out to be able to grip it? This is a real question because, if the pliers could do the job of a corkscrew, that's one less item that needs to carried.

EDIT-JUST read more carefully and saw "champagne". Oh,well...

Not being a wine drinker, I can go without the corkscrew. I'm none too fond of the Champagne stuff either. A peasant by nature, I'd rather have a beer or good whiskey. On second thought, even if its good wine or a cheap whiskey, I'll go with the whiskey. :D

If you need a tool to open a bottle of Champagne, then I'm sorry my friend, your bottle of Champagne is flat and the cork was probably already compromised.
I don’t need a tool, but it makes the job easier and saves my thumbs for more important work. Some of the Cold Duck has plastic stoppers which are tough to thumb loose.

Back