Lock problems with zt0300?

Possibly. I don't know many grown men who don't like knowing the ins and outs of their belongings.

Well, when I bought my last car I sure didn't rush home and tear the motor and trans down, I didn't disassemble my Samsung TV either, nor my iPhone. If you know grown men that do that, I am truly impressed.

Well, when I bought my last car I sure didn't rush home and tear the motor and trans down, I didn't disassemble my Samsung TV either, nor my iPhone. If you know grown men that do that, I am truly impressed.

If I could disassemble and reassemble those things in a matter of minutes, I would! :D

Apologies as my original post sounded kind of emasculating and you quoted before I could edit.

Again, if something is working as it should, there is no need to "make it better". I guess I'm just crazy.

Nah Rev... I'm scratching my head as well...

.....the ol' adage, if it aint broke comes to mind....

Again, if something is working as it should, there is no need to "make it better". I guess I'm just crazy.
If I'm presented with the opportunity to know how something works and functions, I'm going to take that opportunity. People are different. Because you don't understand why someone would do that doesn't mean someone shouldn't.

Oh geeze. A little over the top Rev.... lol. Improvements can always be made. If said person know what they are doing of course.

Last edited:
I understand both of you guys' opinions but the inside of the handle had a lot of gunk in it that I wanted to get out and that was the first time I've taken it apart to clean. Normally I use an air hose and Q-tips. But I wanted to get it really clean like it was when I got it. And no I didn't do anything extreme to the knife recently. Use it for pretty common everyday tasks. So I have no clue what could've caused this that's why I posted this thread. One other thing I was wondering about was that there is a small gap between the larger washed and the blade on one side of the washed. It's like on an angle so idk if tht differnece in the angle could've caused the knife to lock differently.

I understand both of you guys' opinions but the inside of the handle had a lot of gunk in it that I wanted to get out and that was the first time I've taken it apart to clean. Normally I use an air hose and Q-tips. But I wanted to get it really clean like it was when I got it. And no I didn't do anything extreme to the knife recently. Use it for pretty common everyday tasks. So I have no clue what could've caused this that's why I posted this thread. One other thing I was wondering about was that there is a small gap between the larger washed and the blade on one side of the washed. It's like on an angle so idk if tht differnece in the angle could've caused the knife to lock differently.

Could you take a picture, it's a lot easier to see what you talking about then read it. If you changed the angle at which the blade tang meets the lockface it could definitely cause issues.

I understand both of you guys' opinions but the inside of the handle had a lot of gunk in it that I wanted to get out and that was the first time I've taken it apart to clean. Normally I use an air hose and Q-tips. But I wanted to get it really clean like it was when I got it.

All oil is gonna do is collect more junk...

Could you take a picture, it's a lot easier to see what you talking about then read it. If you changed the angle at which the blade tang meets the lockface it could definitely cause issues.

There is a thread by solo in knife reviews I believe that show the washer difference and how to put it back together step by step if you search , I will look for you.

Never oil or mess with the locking surfaces.
Send it in they will set you up, great customer service

Before anything else. Clean all the oil off the tang and lock bar face. Use a credit card with a tee shirt or something wrapped around it and slide it into that little crack in the lack bar face when close and clean the heck out of it and the lock face too. Do that followed by opening it a few times back and forth. Make sure there is not a drop of oil else where, see if that helps.

How long does it take to get the knife back after u send it to them?

They Re-bladed and fixed blade play and an old torsion bar in a busted chive and had it back to me in 7 days. And this was during the busy season two weeks before X mas this past season. That was from the day I sent it to the day I got it back. I sent it on a Friday and got it back the following Fri or Sat! But yes they say 2 to three weeks to be safe.

Last edited:
There is a thread by solo in knife reviews I believe that show the washer difference and how to put it back together step by step if you search , I will look for you.

Oh I'm quite familiar with the 030X series, just didn't know what exactly he was trying to say, thought A picture might help.

...there is a small gap between the larger washed and the blade on one side of the washed...
:confused:

How long does it take to get the knife back after u send it to them?

So no pictures then?

Anyways, they've always been pretty quick with getting parts or my knife back to me in a pretty timely manner, but you'll have to contact their customer service for current turn around times and of course it'll depend on what needs to be done to fix/replace it.

Well my other zt0300 had the same small gap so maybe it's not a big deal but it's jst kinda odd

Back