Long time carry challenge

I'm gonna try SAK Executive as a small/mid/tools & office knife!

(p.s. I won't make it!)

I can’t take part because these two land in my pocket most days. They’re joined at the hip for now.

TVhbXmk.jpg

For quite some time I did just carry the mini Ritter. It’s the perfect knife for me, M390 with an edge that thin makes for an incredible cutter. Once summer hits I’ll be back to carrying either a single modern or traditional. Most likely one of those pictured. It’s a pain for me to carry two knives without one being in the watch pocket. Congrats on the 908, though! That’s one of the best looking production knives out there.

Rose never gets on the forum but should get an honorable mention, except during vacation (where she carried a cheap knife) she has been carrying a mini Grip with DOAT every day for about a year.

Rose wins! :)

I will stick with the Stryker, but I tell ya, if the Bugout wasn't so god-awful ugly and out of place looking when closed, I would set some stiffer scales on it and call it forever. I like the Striker for all carry but around the house in shorts - then it tends to drag them down.

Last edited:
Well! 14 days in, and I am still going with only the Stryker. I REALLY like this knife, I would like to give it a brother in D2 satin if it were available!

A little over two weeks of carrying my crooked river absolutely everywhere including my job (construction). I don’t wanna jinx myself but this blade literally does not dull and the perfect blade centering from when I got it has not changed. I have definitely abused this knife. In a time when benchmade can offer a variety of potential out of the box ever so slight disappointments, I am very happy to say that this one has held strong since the day I got it

Unfortunately no, they are not hollow ground. They are saber ground right at .023” behind the edge on both sizes.

This and an old timer medium stockman were the only knives I carried and used for more than 15 years. I always carried both but the BM got over 90% of the use during that time. It was used a lot almost every day in an industrial maintenance environment, processing fish/game, etc. It did everything a knife is capable of doing.

IMG_6544ee.jpg

I'm going on about four years with my 555 Mini-Grip. I've got 555's that have been re-handled in G10 and titanium (Flytanium's recent offering), but I still find myself carrying the stock FRN mini all the time. There's a lot to be said for the light weight, and despite what a lot of folks might believe, the FRN is tough stuff!

Back