Long time coming....

Thanks for the comments guys!

cddogfan1,
I love the 7-08 Ackley. I also run a standard 30-06. The 7-08 shoots flat and with low recoil. I get 2875fps with 49gr of H4350 and a 140 Accubonds out of the 20" Ron Smith tube and 3" groups @ 300 yards. Two of my friends run 22" Ted Gaillard 7-08 Ackleys and both get just a hair over 300fps with 140 Accubonds and 52 grains of H4350.

Bruce

Nice Looks like I need to find me a action.

not baaaaaad... sorry i had to... congrats on the fine trophy.. you work your tail off, the trophy is sweeter!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Last year I was getting dicouraged and on my sheep hunt I was so intense on "getting a ram" I forgot to have fun and enjoy myself. This year I told myself - just be relaxed, have fun & enjoy the mountains and if you are meant to get a ram it will happen......and it did!

Here is the knife that I made for my daughter, then borrowed for the hunt as well as a 140 Accubond on the far side of the hide after going through the spine. My first shot went through the ribs/lungs (exit can be seen in the photos) but after 11 years I was taking no chances and made a quick follow up shot that was ~4" higher than the first.

caperg-11008.jpg

What you did is my dream, hunting sheep in the high mountains. Congratulations sir and to say I am a bit jealous is an understatment :D.

Man, did I read that right, in one of the post on page, you said "solo". That my friend is a feat in an of itself. Your the man, and that is a NICE Ram, the fact that you did it solo well thats just awesome.

Congrats, man that is really one helluva an accomplishment.

What you did is my dream, hunting sheep in the high mountains. Congratulations sir and to say I am a bit jealous is an understatment .

Thanks barrabas, hopefully you can make it one day and have some pics to share:)

Nice Stone ram, what did it B&C score?

Well his gross green score is ~155 and change, but he's tops in my books - as you can tell from the grin on my face:D

Man, did I read that right, in one of the post on page, you said "solo". That my friend is a feat in an of itself. Your the man, and that is a NICE Ram, the fact that you did it solo well thats just awesome.

Yup Solo, 2 weeks before I went the guy who was supposed to go with me had an accident and busted his collar bone:thumbdn:

Congrats on that one:thumbup: I'd love to give sheep hunting a try one day. At 120lbs, I gotta ask, what kinda pack were you using?

Congrats on that one:thumbup: I'd love to give sheep hunting a try one day. At 120lbs, I gotta ask, what kinda pack were you using?

Go for it! The views are great and the hunting is tough, but rewarding.

A ~90 litre internal fame, L.L. Bean pack. Some stuff (like my tent) was lashed to the outside of the pack.

Back