Looking for a multi-tool

bquinlan said:
For me, the SAK pliers are more like super tweezers.
well, that's how I see them too, but I often need these, I often do works that needs a small pair of pliers to take some stuff, where my fingers are just 5 times too big, or to do some other precise work (tying knots, and lots of other stuff). I almost never use the tweezers, though... but I use my swisstool's pliers very rarely compared to my cyb's pliers.

choubbi said:
but I use my swisstool's pliers very rarely compared to my cyb's pliers.

That is interesting as I was under the impression that the SwissTool's superior pliers were just about the only thing which the SwissTool could list as a real advantage over regular SAKs. I have to admit that I never worked with a SwissTool, but I had the opportunity to play around with one at a local store and I came to the conclusion that the SwissTool was just a regular SAK with bigger/stronger pliers (the rest of the tools on the SwissTool are all from the SAK stock).

I have yet to find a task which my SwissChamp XLT could not effectively handle, but should I ever get another multi-tool it will be a Leatherman Charge XTI and definitely not the SwissTool.

Is there any aspect of the SwissTool which you find superior to your Cybertool?

a+

they're not in the same league, but the swisstool has more tools, and has some that doesn't exist on the 91mm models, like the chisel, sharpened wire scraper.
and it's heavier, if I needed to use one of my tools like a prybar, I'd take my Swisstool's big screwdriver, the rivets look like they're sturdier, as they seem to be in stainless steel while the 91mm's are made of brass.

the cybertool is for medium (and small) tasks, the swisstool is for heavy duty. I almost always wear both on me.

the Swisstool's pliers are superior for heavy duty work, but if you don't need to put real strengh and need precision, the small ones are easier to operate quickly, partly thanks to the spring which gets them back open once you release your squeeze.

Back