Looking for a new hobby, suggestions?

As you get on later in life I find things that keep my fingers dexterous helpful. I second or third guitar. I haven’t been able to play as much as I would like but I always know I have a fat tele that will always be glad to see me. Also, flipping as in balisongs. I have always known about them but recently tried to actually learn some moves and some of the better brands out there right now. Pretty amasing what you can do with bushings and chunks of titanium.
I'm not sure beers + learning to flip balisongs are a good combo:p

The guitar is something that I can get behind though.

One thing I've noticed is that hobbies seem to fall into 2 categories (to me):

A) the types that seem to constantly cost money (HiFi A/V, amateur auto racing, collecting whatever, hobby models when I was younger)

B) the types that might cost an initial outlay, but thereafter, don't really require much additional cost to continue (jogging/running, home gyms/punching bags etc., darts, biking, playing an instrument)

Learning to play the guitar, falls in the latter category (and is something I've always wanted to learn). Of course, the person could always continue buying more equipment, but the hobby is really about developing one's own skill, and thereafter, the enjoyment gained from playing.

At various times in college, I had roommates who played guitar, drums etc. Sometimes, they played for practice, but oftentimes, they played just to pass the time, or simply for the enjoyment of playing. As it turns out, I picked up drumming fairly easily (to the chagrin of our neighbors. Apartment with a drumset setup in the living room lol), but never did get around to learning guitar.

How about.....

giphy.gif

Back