Looking for a small fixed blade

That Bravo micro in s35vn would be a great choice. Derek has them marked down to a great price too. The sheath that comes with that knife is OK for a pocket carry, I use the same one on my modified IMP. For a pocket carry I think one of his leather pocket sheaths would be better. http://www.knivesshipfree.com/pocket-sheaths/

The KR tick bite is a neat little knife but not the value for the blade that the micro is.

Pretty amazing recommending KSF. I saw that they had them on sale. The problem I have with Bark River sales is that I am not familiar enough with the pricing to recognize a sale. I believe you all have some discounted too.

Bark river bird and trout Knives are nice little fixed blade too... Get him one of those with a nice handle option in ELMAX steel, and call it a day... That would be another very viable option.

Svord Drop Point 3 3/4" Blade
Svord_350B_Lge5.jpg

http://www.svord.com/index.php

I'd go with the Candiru, or Runt. I've got both, and they're nearly identical in blade shape and overall length, but in hand they couldn't be more different. The Runt has a more hand filling grip, but will most definitely carry larger in your pocket. The Candiru, while slimmer, feels more nimble to use. Pair it with their production scales and an AZ Welke sheath, and it will disappear in your dress pants front pocket. I've been carrying mine with a simple cord wrap lately, and it's super slim and light. The Pocket Bravo, while gorgeous (I've got one in iron wood) and certainly won't scare your co- worker because of it's classy finish and size, may be too small for you if you want a four finger grip, it' definitely a three finger knife. Btw, it gets swallowed whole in an Allegheny, you need a lanyard on it, or you'll have to shake the sheath upside-down to get it out, never a great idea.
My 2 cents
~Jim

I vote for the Bark River Essential in CPM m4, or Dan Koster's Scout in 3V. Both still in stock last time I checked KSF.

Back