Looking for a wave modification service

Hi
I'm looking for somebody who makes a good wave modification to a knife. Can anybody point me in the direction of someone who is good at and has permission from Ernie Emerson to do so. I just spoke with STR and he no longer does them.
Thanks

Hi
I'm looking for somebody who makes a good wave modification to a knife. Can anybody point me in the direction of someone who is good at and has permission from Ernie Emerson to do so. I just spoke with STR and he no longer does them.
Thanks

I don't believe anyone has permission from Emerson to do wave mods anymore.

DAIGORO!! You might have to cut it yourself. Or get the guy who made your stroller to do it.

Very easy to do it yourself with a dremel tool. You just need a cutting wheel, and a sanding wheel, and some patience. Pretty damn simple.

If he could do it by himself he wouldn't ask about someone who is good at it.

Charlie Mike here has waved tons of his knives, I believe he does work for others, actually was surprised he hasn't commented already. Not sure about the permission though.

Charlie Mike here has waved tons of his knives, I believe he does work for others, actually was surprised he hasn't commented already. Not sure about the permission though.

I think after an exchange with Emerson some time back that he was no longer offering that particular mod.

Matt (CharlieMike) won't wave anything since Emerson got a patent for the wave shaped feature. Legally no one is allowed to wave anything for monetary gain so unless you can find someone that will do it for free you're probably out of luck. It can be done on most knives with basic hand tools and a little bit of time and patience. As far as I know nobody has permission from Mr. Emerson as it would pretty much negate his patent.

zip tie joke

Glad some people know who Daigoro is! I know it sounds crazy, but I'm looking to modify the Reate Future, when it arrives in the mail. I have a dremel, but the design of the knife makes carving a simple wave into it look terrible. So I need a pro and would probably need the blade re-ground to a harpoon.

I've carved plenty of waves, into expensive knives too (aka the Reate Torrent), and have a steady hand, but I don't think a dremel alone will cut it this time, pun intended.

Back