Recommendation? Looking for info on a few grinders

Since this thread was revived, I'll give you guys an update.

I took my 2 week ABS intro class and got to try a handful of different grinders and get an idea of what I like/ what matters to me. I also read some more reviews and reached out to some of the manufacturers with questions. In the end, I went with the Brodbeck, and there are several reasons why:

1. Responsiveness & service: I filled out a contact form on the Brodbeck website, and within a few hours, Vince (one of the owners) called me and spoke to me for about an hour. He answered all of my questions and had great reasons for every design decision that I asked about. I told him that I wasn't ready to buy yet, but he still took the time and was clearly passionate about his product. About a month later I was ready to pull the trigger, and again he took the time to talk through everything.

2. Price: I got their top of the line package which came with a ton of accessories. With the 10% discount code that I had, I was able to get the grinder, all offered accessories (except for surface grinder and the new disk sander attachment), every size small wheel, and some upgraded parts (rubberized wheels and ceramic glass platen) all for under $3500 shipped.

3. Overall design: I'm a sucker for great/efficient design. The way the accessories work with the attachment arm and the platen arm is really cool.

I just received the grinder, primed, painted, and assembled it. I am waiting on a tracking nob which was missing (no one is perfect), need to out together one more arm, and need to wire it, but so far I'm impressed by the design and customer service.

I can't wait to start grinding! I'll post an update with impressions when I do.

FC9F946E-4C5D-4F33-9778-46F8FBA47B5C.jpeg
0C1E1EED-F5CF-44B2-B123-632BBEB198E7.jpeg

They say it's never too late....... 🙂 I'm sorry I didn't answer in time, I somehow overlooked the question.... I have not picture or video from that grinder but you can see on this video how cam work.......... it have infinite tension adjustment, that s why it is better than ratchet :thumbsup:
That is an amazing grinder build. Did you take a lot of inspiration from the Gibson 72?

Since this thread was revived, I'll give you guys an update.

I took my 2 week ABS intro class and got to try a handful of different grinders and get an idea of what I like/ what matters to me. I also read some more reviews and reached out to some of the manufacturers with questions. In the end, I went with the Brodbeck, and there are several reasons why:

1. Responsiveness & service: I filled out a contact form on the Brodbeck website, and within a few hours, Vince (one of the owners) called me and spoke to me for about an hour. He answered all of my questions and had great reasons for every design decision that I asked about. I told him that I wasn't ready to buy yet, but he still took the time and was clearly passionate about his product. About a month later I was ready to pull the trigger, and again he took the time to talk through everything.

2. Price: I got their top of the line package which came with a ton of accessories. With the 10% discount code that I had, I was able to get the grinder, all offered accessories (except for surface grinder and the new disk sander attachment), every size small wheel, and some upgraded parts (rubberized wheels and ceramic glass platen) all for under $3500 shipped.

3. Overall design: I'm a sucker for great/efficient design. The way the accessories work with the attachment arm and the platen arm is really cool.

I just received the grinder, primed, painted, and assembled it. I am waiting on a tracking nob which was missing (no one is perfect), need to out together one more arm, and need to wire it, but so far I'm impressed by the design and customer service.

I can't wait to start grinding! I'll post an update with impressions when I do
I'm glad you posted an update, because I came on here to recommend the Brodbeck haha! I have their mega package along with the disc sander and surface grinder attachment and I love it! Agreed on their customer service, they were very helpful and patient with my stupid questions during the assembly process. Your paint scheme looks killer.

Back